Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Its like watching the house market crash all over again only with boats. >

Its like watching the house market crash all over again only with boats.

Like Tree249Likes

Its like watching the house market crash all over again only with boats.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:13 PM
Registered

Default Its like watching the house market crash all over again only with boats.

I sold my Outerlimits last year and was glad to get out of it.( this is not a dis for Outerlimits) I have been looking and watching the boats for sale and not a lot is moving in the go-fast market. Just like the house market, people have been trying to sell some boats for over a year in some cases and don't realize the value has dropped and can't or won't lower the price to adjust for the market and therefore can't come to terms with the fact that they already lost money on the item.It doesn't matter if you PAID 400,000 for your boat, if there is no buyer it isn't worth squat. I don't know what the next boat will be but I won't buy something I can't sell. The egg beater market looks good tho... Am I the only one that is thinking this?
Old 07-03-2016, 06:22 PM
Registered

I spoke last week with several of the sales team at Performance Boat Center and they stated they are moving boats left and right.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by endeavor1 View Post
I spoke last week with several of the sales team at Performance Boat Center and they stated they are moving boats left and right.
"and salesmen never lie!"

Selling cars like candy bars!

Selling floaters to all these boaters!

PBC does seem to be getting it done! They need to find a home for that 50 Marauder they have had for a year and a half though!
Old 07-03-2016, 08:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Orange quatro View Post
I sold my Outerlimits last year and was glad to get out of it.( this is not a dis for Outerlimits) I have been looking and watching the boats for sale and not a lot is moving in the go-fast market. Just like the house market, people have been trying to sell some boats for over a year in some cases and don't realize the value has dropped and can't or won't lower the price to adjust for the market and therefore can't come to terms with the fact that they already lost money on the item.It doesn't matter if you PAID 400,000 for your boat, if there is no buyer it isn't worth squat. I don't know what the next boat will be but I won't buy something I can't sell. [QUOTE]The egg beater market looks good tho... Am I the only one that is thinking this?
[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%
Old 07-03-2016, 08:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
"and salesmen never lie!"

Selling cars like candy bars!

Selling floaters to all these boaters

PBC does seem to be getting it done! They need to find a home for that 50 Marauder they have had for a year and a half though!
Cig 50 for a year and a half, that isn't correct..
Old 07-03-2016, 08:57 PM
Registered

Still think the paint jobs can be a deal breaker.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It looks like boats are moving okay. Just okay.

But you have to admit, houses are getting pricey again... Kinda like 2006 pricey. I have to be honest, I was thru 2006-2009 and I think we are close but everybody insists there is no inventory. You can only pay so much for a piece of chit... I am exposed to South Florida and Atlanta.

What do you guys think? I am starting to wonder.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 36Envision View Post
Cig 50 for a year and a half, that isn't correct..
my mistake.....I thought that was at the Miami show in 2015.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:33 PM
Registered

Endeavor1,Im glad you brought them up. Great example. Performance boat center has a 2010 Hustler 39 Rocket for sale since march 2015. Thats over a year. With only 3 or 4 months left this year. That boat will be 2 years older than when he listed it.

Last edited by Orange quatro; 07-03-2016 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Add on
Old 07-03-2016, 09:35 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

I started this thread earlier this month...similar theme:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-sad-days.html

We took the ferry across Long Island Sound yesterday, there was hardly anyone out there...friggin 4th of July weekend. Should have been packed with boats. Depressing.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser