Sarasota race 2016- Real Feedback

Notices

Sarasota race 2016- Real Feedback

Old 07-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sarasota race 2016- Real Feedback

If you race. The Sarasota race is like the Daytona 500 for our sport. Its a family oriented big hometown type affair and almost losing it was a painful part of our offshore history. Honestly I wasn't sure what to expect I was apprehensive about the skis and P1's and jet stunts. Would it become a cluster.... resoundingly ...No. this year it was as AWESOME!!
With the exception of more big boats (they will be there next year) it was a tremendous event. First of all, the Block Party was perfect. The parade situation was logistically very hard to pull off and coordinate with family and friends. From my point of view The block party was better and allowed for our sponsors to set up tents and talk to people. also allowed friends and family to be a part of the excitement all night. GREAT!! 6-11pm packed.

P1/APBA What a classy bunch of people. Articulate and a passion for Water/motorsports. Very professional in their approach and very appreciative of all the racers/teams for attending. Their paperwork/safety and professionalism was perfect. The Drivers meeting was short and to the point and the on course communication was good. Really good people

Race course. Wow. probably the most challenging course to run fast all year.

Racing with the P1/ Jet skis. The jet ski guys are bad ass. there must be 50 and they are serious racers with $30-50k 90MPH skis that know their routine. They operated in and out of the water and around offshore guys like a swiss watch. No complaining no issues no nothing. Actually it's nice to see some young fresh blood around the racing circuit. Same with The P1 teams. Very organized no drama know their routine. An absolute pleasure to share the course with both these groups. Cant wait to do more events like this.

The crowds. Huge. always had something to watch. Spectator fleet... Huge as always

Awards. The way it should be. Podium , Champagne , Beautiful trophy girls, TV, Press. DONE RIGHT!

Anyone painting the picture other than what I described is off base and probably has an alternate agenda.

Well done Sarasota, Lucy and all the teams that helped make it happen. We will be back No question.

Last edited by MissGeicoRacing; 07-05-2016 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:44 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 144 Likes on 48 Posts

That is great to hear!! Now, can they put the 4th so it falls on the weekend every year? LOL

I think we will put this back on our schedule after two years doing other things. We love Sarasota for this event.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:10 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh and the TURN BOUYS WERE FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2016, 02:24 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 1,452 Likes on 417 Posts

A great event! Unfortunately there are a few that have to complain that its not "LIKE the OLD days" Thanks to all the teams that came out and Thanks to LUCY AND CREW!
Old 07-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

We had a blast it definitely was bigger and better then last year! Water conditions and track layout were really cool can't wait for next year.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 96 Likes on 54 Posts

I am a huge fan of the sarasota races and very happy to see them florrish in these times. Hope it stays that way for many many years to come