What to do in lake Cumberland?? >

What to do in lake Cumberland??

Notices

What to do in lake Cumberland??

Old 07-12-2016, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do in lake Cumberland??

So I've herd so much about lake Cumberland me and my wife decided to go there for a week of cabin camping and boating. Leaving the big boat at home and taking our fairly new low hour waverunner runner out of convenience. We plan on discovering the different areas of the lake, looking for sandy areas to swim and hitting up some resturants for dinner. We have a week so were looking for a few things to see and do on the lake. So give me your input please so I can make this a nice little vacation for the wife! We did torch lake in Michigan last year and this year and loved it. We have planned to go to different lakes every summer...the ones talked about a lot on different forums. Our plan is to hit lake Havasu next summer.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Harmon Creek or 76 Falls if you want to party, or just people watch.

What side of the lake are you staying on, because that will depend on where you go/what you do especially if you are only taking a sea doo as it's a long way from the West End to East.......
Old 07-12-2016, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Visit the new Jamestown Tap & Grill. County went wet this past May the Jamestown Resort team found a good partner and opened several weeks ago. Very much worth a look see.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:44 PM
Registered

I think we are staying in Russell springs area, but will launch at different areas of the lake different days. This way we can cover most of the lake. We will be hitting 76 falls forsure.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When are you planning on going I would glad to show you around but will not be back down for two weeks.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:33 PM
Registered

Cumberland is very deep and the banks are steep, their are a few places you can get on the lake shore, but you won't find any sandy areas
Old 07-13-2016, 05:24 AM
Registered

Is there very many free launch ramps? And we will be there the Monday after the raft off in August.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06 FAN
Is there very many free launch ramps? And we will be there the Monday after the raft off in August.
A few, but I'd rather launch at any of the main ramps for ~ $5

If you're staying nearby Russell Springs, you can launch at Jamestown, the dam, or at State.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

x2 on 39's post. My only other comment would be that you would probably have a more enjoyable experience if you took the "big boat". The lake is 100 miles long and although you plan to move boat ramps it would be much more relaxing to just launch and tour the lake in comfort. Fishtails is good for an afternoon break and its BYOB.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:03 AM
Registered

Fishtales is by far the best pull up restaurant on the lake. Depending on exactly where your staying, the old Alligator 1 ramp off 76 is a great free ramp with plenty of parking. Go see the "Little Falls", 76 falls, or just ride around and find your own cool area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.