Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Catamaran incident at Lake Lanier... >

Catamaran incident at Lake Lanier...

Notices

Catamaran incident at Lake Lanier...

Old 07-18-2016, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I did not know any of the folks involved personally, but this one still hits close to home, because I know a number of folks who knew Art. He lived in Mt Washington, just south of Louisville, and was also very prominent in the car scene around here. I remember watching his awesome supercharged 57 Chevy Pro Mod tearing up the track at Ohio Valley last summer. He was well known and respected by a lot of folks in the car culture around these parts - he held a benefit car show at his shop last fall to help out a fellow racer (and owner of a local speed shop) who was dealing with some medical issues. Things like that tell you a lot about the character of a person. I also learned that the parents of one of my daughter's volleyball teammates knew Art pretty well and are devastated by the loss of him and Melissa. When you read about something like this happening to people that you don't know personally, sometimes it is easy to distance yourself and think this is something that only happens to someone else. You might think, oh well, they lived an easy life, had all the money and expensive toys, there are many people who had it much worse. But when you see the number of lives that they have touched in a positive way, based on all the people who are affected by their passing, then that truly is a measure of the kind of people they were. Obviously, all four of these folks were wonderful people, and it's just a terrible tragedy. May they rest in peace, and may God lay a healing hand on all of those who are hurting right now.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:19 AM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Rip
Old 07-18-2016, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I have read a few media reports and both threads on here the news reports were vague. Did the boat blow over and land upright like Mike Fiore's crash?
NO it did not blow over.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SkaterMike82
NO it did not blow over.
I understand boat flipped sideways, rolled. No speed mentioned.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It doesn't matter what speed; it's not going to bring them back��. I still can't believe they are gone ��. It's amazing how much they were loved. The whole city of Columbia, KY and boating community are paying respect. Still can't believe you two are gone Anthony/ Tammy. Miss yall and a poker run honestly will never be the same again.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:51 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

It was a very subdued weekend. Hard to explain how I felt after rolling up on that scene.

Anthony and Tammy were top notch. I will surely still find myself looking for them at events.

RIP
Old 07-19-2016, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't know the people who were involved, however from what I've learned since this tragedy our family (boating family) has lost good people that cared about others. I have heard several things about what happened all different from each other and it really doesn't matter how, just that it did happen. They will for ever with their families be in our prayers we live on Lake Lanier very close to where this happened. We went out to the spot to watch the sunset last night and the only way to explain our feeling was sad. It has truly affected us, I can only imagine how the family must feel. God Bless their families
Old 07-19-2016, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

I ran into Anthony at the Nashville run two years ago on the Saturday. I asked him a few things about his GPS and radio setup as I was working through my own project. He was very accommodating, didn't know me from Adam, and took time to show me what he had done to the boat.

He came across as a very genuine guy, a level head, and accommodating personality. I was looking forward to seeing his boat in two weeks, he was the life of the party. He will certainly be in my thoughts in Nashville. Very sad.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:02 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by SkaterMike82
It doesn't matter what speed; it's not going to bring them back��. I still can't believe they are gone ��. It's amazing how much they were loved. The whole city of Columbia, KY and boating community are paying respect. Still can't believe you two are gone Anthony/ Tammy. Miss yall and a poker run honestly will never be the same again.

They were way too young, (by the looks of this picture) to be gone........ What a shame....
Old 07-19-2016, 10:37 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. what a tragedy. Nice people. Loved performance boating. They will be missed.

looks like it was a 388 Skater flat deck. Anyone know how much power she had? How fast when they tripped and rolled?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.