Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
SBI Long Island New York Race Cancelled >

SBI Long Island New York Race Cancelled

Notices

SBI Long Island New York Race Cancelled

Old 07-21-2016, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

We were looking forward to taking our daughters in-laws to the race. They live 15 minutes away. Bummer
Old 07-21-2016, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Offshore powerboat racing won't happen on Long Island this season, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...race-cancelled.
Vote TRUMP and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN !!!
Old 07-21-2016, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Informative post, can you tell us why the decision was made rather some blanket baloney hype BS type statement?
From looking at their bio's, I speculate it's because they weren't invited out on boats when they were children....
FWIW, the mayor is a Democrat, and the councilwoman is a Conservative (guessing that's either a RINO, or a term for the only way someone with (R) leanings can get elected out there.) Regardless, it doesn't appear the decision was based on anyone towing the party line.

Last edited by Speedracer29; 07-21-2016 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:47 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
From looking at their bio's, I speculate it's because they weren't invited out on boats when they were children....
FWIW, the mayor is a Democrat, and the councilwoman is a Conservative (guessing that's either a RINO, or a term for the only way someone with (R) leanings can get elected out there.) Regardless, it doesn't appear the decision was based on anyone towing the party line.
I don't care about political BS, my cousin is left of the leftists and loves fire breathing rip snorting offshore machines, there has to be a reason given. I'm going to fire off a note to her but need some facts.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:56 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,749 Likes on 1,235 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
I don't care about political BS, my cousin is left of the leftists and loves fire breathing rip snorting offshore machines, there has to be a reason given. I'm going to fire off a note to her but need some facts.
As reported in the story, I was unable to reach Mayor Gorant yesterday. I am expecting a return phone call from her today.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very upsetting, was really looking forward to the races along with a number of friends that planned on taking a nice trip over. I would like to hear the reasons why they pushed so hard to not have them as well. Keep us posted! I think we need a big change in the local governments along with the big picture! Trump 16!
Old 07-21-2016, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Next time put a 4' mast and sail on each boat and define it as a sailboat regatta...
Old 07-22-2016, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Longisland the land of no!
Old 07-22-2016, 06:54 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOWOUTBOARD
Longisland the land of no!
Try living in CT. CT has the Sound, that's it. Wonderful waters...nothing else, except uptight soccer mom's tailgating you and trying to run you off the road as they talk on the cell phone, put on make-up, scream at the kids, while writing editorials at night to the paper urging everyone to slow down and drive safer and putting signs in their yard to telling you to watch out for their kids.