Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The Brand New 2017 - 29 BUILD Follow Along >

The Brand New 2017 - 29 BUILD Follow Along

Notices

The Brand New 2017 - 29 BUILD Follow Along

Old 09-08-2016, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great - when is it getting popped from the mold? Also are you doing any updates to the interior and instruments? How about a wind deflector of any kind? It may not be needed in Havasu but there are lots of places this boat could work that get cold!
Old 09-10-2016, 01:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The preference is for the halves will stay in mold as long as we can keep them there - For BUPS rig well keep them in until its time to join or we have to pull to put in the rail.

Guess would be another week or two the boat will basically be done so the unveiling is soon.

Standard interior, don't know what bups got in mind for gauges....John?

We've a done a bunch of aero marines, but he's going naked with the molded in one. I go back and forth on wanting one myself as even in so cal the ocean is cold, and the wife *****es up a storm, then when I get to the desert Im happy.

I don't like replacing the lexan after 10 years, but the canopy boats and big screen are pretty nice for sure.

UD
Old 09-10-2016, 11:04 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Auto Meter marine carbon fiber look background or possible LED digital screen / readouts for the helm gauge package.

I have to make a trip out very soon to decide on a lot of other stuff. Will need , bow cleat, bow lite, headliner and Bolster pedestals mounted before the top cap goes on for good. Really wanted the DANA billet pedestals and in Blue.

I know Lavey bonds the top to the hull as well so I want to make sure the problem areas - hard to get to installs get installed before that takes place. 2 things I hate to do on boats, one is fiberglass work and the second is cut the transom hole per OEM guidelines. Always hated cutting the hole for the transom assembly and making sure I am DEAD on with the X dimension. For some reason the older I get the more I avoid that process.

IBEX is coming up as I know as always, will run into something new that would be good or better to install whatever that might be from A - Z. Maybe a gauge package, Bolster seats or whatever.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:28 AM
BUP
Banned

At first I was going to build the engine a 540 in the 650 hp range, then we decided to change all the plans and up the numbers so now, Throttles Performance in Fargo ND is building the brand new 665 CID engine from the ground up and all the custom EFI set up.. Keeps tabs on all of that. Very interesting to say the least on that alone -

Lets see the piston, rings and cam are all in - the block is in and getting machined, the heads are in and getting ported plus a few other things are in. Anyways Mark D. at Throttles Performance is doing a great job - a couple of video's of some horsepower. At some point down the road down Mark will update all the engine building process. Just thought I would update the progress currently. Throttle's Performance, Mark D. is at the end of the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9d3fTYAIJ4

www.laveycraft.com

Last edited by BUP; 09-30-2016 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:40 AM
BUP
Banned

a past video from him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kQGp-fHuFc

www.laveycraft.com

Last edited by BUP; 09-30-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:45 AM
BUP
Banned

And another Engine Master's build from Mark.. Talk about a cool factor build. One of the reasons, I asked and I asked and I asked him to do the build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP2fdX-QZEU

www.laveycraft.com

Last edited by BUP; 09-30-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:17 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,132 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Think long and hard about the digital, the constantly changing #'s drive my eyes/brain nutz. Too much going on.

In fact. I'm simple.....One of my cars that took a lot of watching the road, I positioned the guages so that the red pointers would point straight up during normal operating conditions. No gauge searching for my eyes.

That is my IMHO. I understand others like them.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 754 Likes on 406 Posts

Garmin combined with Smartcraft and you can digitally display anolog looking gauges on the screen. My fave.
Attached Thumbnails The Brand New 2017 - 29 BUILD Follow Along-port-helm.jpg  
Old 09-30-2016, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I split my boat between analog and digital which is easier with a single than a dual on a real estate basis.

Most current nav systems if driven by an nmea 2000 engine control system can create digital gauges.

UD
Old 09-30-2016, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Think long and hard about the digital, the constantly changing #'s drive my eyes/brain nutz. Too much going on.

In fact. I'm simple.....One of my cars that took a lot of watching the road, I positioned the guages so that the red pointers would point straight up during normal operating conditions. No gauge searching for my eyes.

That is my IMHO. I understand others like them.
I agree and, while I like the glass cockpit look, you bring a good point. Aircraft are like that, everything is color coded, the numbers don't even matter just as long as it's not in the yellow or the red. Makes for a nice easy scan pattern and know everything is within limits.

That being said, I like the racepak screens because you can set limits for each parameter at various rpm ranges which will light up the warning lights. So as long as your warning lights aren't on, you're good to go. Lots of flexibility and functionality in a small package to save dash space. Also you can adjust the refresh rate and sensitivity so the rapidly changing numbers don't drive you nuts going between 49-51psi lol.

Great build guys!

Last edited by ToMorrow44; 09-30-2016 at 05:09 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.