The Brand New 2017 - 29 BUILD Follow Along

Notices

The Brand New 2017 - 29 BUILD Follow Along

Old 09-30-2016, 07:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave

This is is why companies like Skater and DCB still use and insist on Balsa as a core material.

UD
I thought Skater used polypropylene core in their decks for flexural rigidity?
Old 10-02-2016, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
I thought Skater used polypropylene core in their decks for flexural rigidity?
Like most Im guessing they'll use whatever you want. Pretty sure most are still balsa boats though maybe not though anymore - I'm getting old.

I had this copied from a while back.

"A key part of the Skater boatbuilding equation is the use of balsa core materials which are manufactured by Baltek Corporation of Northvale N.J., which supplies a great majority of balsa used by boatbuilders the world over.The reasons for balsa's popularity are very simple: It is stronger in shear and compression than most commonly used core foams, as well as being lighter and cheaper.
We have experimented with every conceivable core material on the market, and have found balsa to serve our requirements better than the others"..............Peter Hledin

Maybe its not an actual authentic quote though...

UD

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 10-02-2016 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
...flexural rigidity?
I feel like those are two opposing ideas...? Lol
Old 10-07-2016, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Shirley the boat is still not in the mold.....need/would like some pics

Thanks
Old 10-07-2016, 02:43 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Currently we both are finishing up the boating season for service along with the many boating projects and such. They are basically almost done but I have to make a trip out. Lavey is waiting on me to do so plus we possible will go over the interior for whom is doing that end of it. Couple of things I requested and they are waiting for me to get out to their location. They are working with me 100 % and I am very greatful for it, could not ask for a better relationship here. .I am EXTREMELY happy with everything they have done and all top notch on their part.

Last edited by BUP; 10-07-2016 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Schweeng
Shirley the boat is still not in the mold.....need/would like some pics

Thanks
Boat is ready to pop out of mold but sitting in it while the stringer grid is going down.

Yours could be next!

UD
Old 10-23-2016, 11:02 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Well Chris C. and Dave aka Uncle Dave along with the rest of the Lavey Craft crew have been working very hard making a true work of art custom performance boat.

Just updating as we go, so everyone can follow along the build of the 2017 Lavey Craft 29. .

We are extremely happy working with Lavey Craft along with the quality of this custom 29 build. It is out of the mold. Click on the link below and you can see plus read all about the build from day one. Make sure you check out all the pics. The hull out of the mold pics are at the very bottom of the page. All comments welcome so lets hear it. Thank you for looking.

http://www.laveycraft.com/construction-of-29-nuera

Last edited by BUP; 10-23-2016 at 11:12 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Boat looks awesome. Lavey's gelcoat work is top of the line. The boat is really going to pop on the water! Can't wait to see it at Lanier.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:25 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Well Chris C. and Dave aka Uncle Dave along with the rest of the Lavey Craft crew have been working very hard making a true work of art custom performance boat.

Just updating as we go, so everyone can follow along the build of the 2017 Lavey Craft 29. .

We are extremely happy working with Lavey Craft along with the quality of this custom 29 build. It is out of the mold. Click on the link below and you can see plus read all about the build from day one. Make sure you check out all the pics. The hull out of the mold pics are at the very bottom of the page. All comments welcome so lets hear it. Thank you for looking.

http://www.laveycraft.com/construction-of-29-nuera
Looks fantastic!
Old 10-24-2016, 08:36 AM
Registered

X2 awesome gel work , it looks like they have tweaked the bottom from the earlier ones .
Looked in one years ago and their fiberglass work is exceptional , can't wait to see it in the water

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.