Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Reasoning behind paint repair pricing and what it takes to achieve it ! >

Reasoning behind paint repair pricing and what it takes to achieve it !

Notices

Reasoning behind paint repair pricing and what it takes to achieve it !

Old 09-09-2016, 10:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
+1. When I read this first thing I thought of was when your boat got hit and how much the bids to fix it came in at. $2900 is hella fair for something that size.

It is appalling that a fellow boater would do this and than have the audacity to question the price to fix. I'd out the POS so everyone else knows who to avoid parking next to.

Boat looks great!!!
Not yet, still trying to resolve it... funny part is the other boat was fixed for approx 3200.00 and he paid his painter friend, this one is even less... is it because his friend says "it was only a 1000 dollar scratch".. it pure BS, man the F up and pay your debts...

Here is the thing, accidents happen, we all get that. being in business for over 20 years I've had to pay for accident from myself and employees... for the accident poo happens, its how the aftermath is handled...

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 09-09-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Amen!! Not what was done, but how it's dealt with.

Hope it all works out and this guy sees the light.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:30 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

This post is about the cost of great paint work, and what it takes to preform it!! Yes my boat was damaged by a fellow boater who feels that Richy charged me too much for his work, I totally disagree with that. He said that his painter could have done it cheaper!! I was not about having it done cheaper, I wanted it done right and took it back to Richy who made it perfect!! I just wanted it done right and I trust Richy and his work, he painted my boat new from the factory. I am so happy with how my boat came out and can not wait to see it in person. If anyone is looking to have there boat painted please give him a call, you will be very happy I know I am.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't want to be an armchair quarterback (of course I do...) The guy who damaged Bill's boat needs to man up and take care of it or turn it into his insurance. $2900 is not a huge amount of money when is comes to repairing a custom paint job, hell I piss close to that amount out the exhaust of my boat in one month in the summer. The boat turned out great and RR did an awesome job !
Old 09-10-2016, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful boat WMF , hope he mans up
Old 09-17-2016, 11:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Just a note for everyone, the debt has been settled and paid in full, now is the time to let bygones be bygones and move on and have fun boating
Old 09-17-2016, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Cool good news.
Old 09-17-2016, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear, Richie painted a Fountain for me in Old Saybrook Ct. In 04. Nice guy to deal with and great painter.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Pez Man
Good to hear, Richie painted a Fountain for me in Old Saybrook Ct. In 04. Nice guy to deal with and great painter.
Thanks thats why we didnt delete the whole thread, its great to see his work and such a good guy, i havent met him yet but in a few weeks im taking my tiger for an all over paint job, new design, everything. The work he did on bills boat convinced me that he was the guy i wanted to do mine.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Boy what an Sh1tshow this was, I defended Richy and he screwed me out of 40k, i still believe 100% in paying to have something done properly isnt cheap, but when the sh1tty paint starts peeling before the boat even gets wet... what a hack...