Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: Restaurants in San Francisco >

OT: Restaurants in San Francisco

Notices

OT: Restaurants in San Francisco

Old 10-02-2002, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont forget to get a lap dance at one of the many entertaining strip clubs on BroadWay.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:17 AM
Registered

Gary Danko
Corner of Hyde and Bay.

BodyShot,
Last time I was at Buena Vista I lost count after the 10th Irish coffee. I also forgot to tell them to make them with decaf. I was wasted and was buzzing for the next 24hrs!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2002, 02:29 AM
Tom
Registered

Default we used to live in SF and miss it

Most travel magazines say San Francisco is the most beautiful city in the world and full of things to do. Contrary to popular belief it is mostly straight as opposed to gay. You should go visit Muir Woods National Park and check out the boats in Sausalito on the way. If you are interested there is a great houseboat community that I take people to and they love it. I can put directions together. There are drives in Marin that will blow you away. There are so many things to do that if you tell me what you like I can put a list together. Do the tourist things - they are great - Fishermans warf, cable cars, crookedest street, north beach, Mitchell Brothers Theater, Coit tower, Golden Gate Bridge, twin peaks, nude beaches, Haight Ashbury, Golden Gate Park. This is the best time of year there too.

My favorite drive is to go across the Golden Gate Bridge, through Sausalito, up Mt. Tam to Stinson Beach and past Stinson to Olema, then Take Sir Francis Drake back to the 101 and back to the city. You can get pretty good food in Olema at the road house.

Same thing goes for food. It is considered by most travel magazines as the ultimate destination for food. A couple of restaurants we miss the most:

The best pizza in the world according to People magazine - Tomassos on Kearny just off Broadway

The best Chinese restaurant in the world according to New Yorker Magazine - Hunan on Sansome off Broadway

Great Thai food everywhere - but we like the one in Sausalito very much. I'll get names for you if you like Thai.

Chez Panisse, Berkeley - Alice Water's restaurant where it all started - every major chef prays to her daily.

Pho To Do on Clement and 13th? - Cheap Vietnamese Soup - order #9 chicken soup.

Gelato Classico has awesome ice cream in several locations

There is a huge indian community in San Jose and some great indian restaurants there, but also many in SF. There is one called Gaylords at fishermans warf that has pretty good food and an awesomne view.

McCormicks and Koletos in Fishermans Warf has great seafood and best view

Greens is the ultimate lunch spot with a great view of the boat docks and the Golden Gate Bridge. Their food is legendary.

I can give you tons more, but it is long already. Let me know if you want more or specific things you like.

Tom
Old 10-03-2002, 12:55 PM
Registered

Check this place out if you get a chance. Very good seafood and the place is total eyecandy.
farallon
Old 10-03-2002, 02:05 PM
Registered

The last time I was out there on business, I ended up at some trendy restaurant with the clients. I'm not much into exotic food or anything, so when the menu had a Kansas City Strip on it, I thought hey, this might not be so bad after all.

The dinner comes and the steak must weigh all of 4oz with a small scoop of fancy mashed potoatoes and 6 green beens. I took one look at this dinky thing and said, "You know, I'm from KC and I'm quite sure this can't be a KC Strip. We'd call this a snack."

The waiter, with hands on hips palms up, says with a strong lisp, "Well in Sssan Fransssisssco we call thisss fine dining."

Since my company was footing the bill I said, "Well bring me another one of these fine snacks..."

That about sums up my dining experience out there...