classic 22 depth sounder ?? >

classic 22 depth sounder ??

Notices

classic 22 depth sounder ??

Old 09-25-2016, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default classic 22 depth sounder ??

Ok, I want to ad a depth sounder to my 2007 classic 22 . I would like to go shoot through hull. as apposed to a transom mounted transducer or a through hull mount . I'm not sure if the hull construction will allow a shoot through set up. Is there anybody that has this setup on a C-22 ? What make /model depth sounder are you using ? What is the location of the puck ? What did you use to mount the transducer puck.Finally are you happy with the readout accuracy at different speeds ? Any first hand info on this application would be greatly appreciated. thanks .
Old 09-25-2016, 02:57 PM
Registered

My stock mounted puck is right under the crank pulley.

Ken
Old 09-27-2016, 05:18 PM
Registered

thanks
Old 09-28-2016, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

From what I've read: Just because the hull construction will allow scanning through doesn't mean there isn't an air bubble present in your location of choice which will interrupt the readings. The same is true if not epoxied correctly. I went transom mounted in my 20 yr. old boat to avoid such issues.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tractionless
From what I've read: Just because the hull construction will allow scanning through doesn't mean there isn't an air bubble present in your location of choice which will interrupt the readings. The same is true if not epoxied correctly. I went transom mounted in my 20 yr. old boat to avoid such issues.
If you mount a P79 angled transducer, you can use silicone and easily move it to a new spot if it has an issue. Also, if you buy direct from the manufacturer (Airmar), it will have a hardwired connector for which you can can buy converters to Simrad, Raymarine or Garmin. Making it easy to switch dashboard units later. If you buy, say, a Garmin P79, you're stuck with a Hardwired Garmin connector.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

The bottom is solid glass and shooting through it works very well. This is the factory location of my transducer. It is to the left of the bilge pump float switch and under the bilge pump hose. I do not know how it is attached.

Old 09-29-2016, 04:15 PM
Registered

Thanks again guys. This the kind of info I was looking for. I know you can also bed the puck in petroleum jelly for testing purposes and move it until your hearts content . Final epoxy once happy with a location. I just needed to know it was doable before ordering a shoot through transducer.