Notices

More big Outboards

Old 10-04-2016, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 568 Likes on 340 Posts
Default More big Outboards

I know how you boys love outboards

Copied from thehulltruth

I always remember the saying - watch out for the quiet kid, well I guess that also applies to outboard manufacturers and Suzuki would be the quiet kid. This information comes from Japan and I am not at liberty to disclose the source, but Suzuki should start sending teasers to the press in the late December time-frame as they ramp up marketing for the boat show.

Game changing next generation Suzuki high horsepower models to be launched for 2017. Official release slated for the Miami Boat Show. Here are initial some details from Shizuoka Japan:

- 2 new high horsepower models for 2017 DF350 and DFS400

- Displacement increase of 0.5L over current 300hp model to produce 350hp and 400hp respectively on 87 octane.

- The 400hp model will utilize the same increased displacement as the 350hp model, with a supplemental supercharger running low boost to provide the added horsepower.

- (VVT) Variable valve timing will remain and VLT (Variable Lift Timing) for increased torque and power.

- Hydraulic valve lifters eliminating valve adjustments.

- Direct injection with an increased economy of 16% over tradition fuel injection.

- Internal cooling passages coated with NASA derived nano-technology carbon Teflon material with an expected life of 20 years. This material eliminates corrosion issues.

- Power steering will be standard and integrated into a newly designed transom bracket with integrated power trim/tilt. Power trim is 30% quicker and incorporates an auto trim feature.

- SmartOil (trademark pending) monitors engine oil service life and alerts the user when the oil needs to be changed. Synthetic oil is standard and oil changes are extended to 200 hours.

- FuelWatch (trademark pending) monitors fuel condition alerting user of low octane condition or poor fuel conditions (i.e. emulsified water in fuel).

- Fly by wire will be replaced with Wi-Fi Connect, an industry first. Wi-Fi Connect reduces installation time by up to 80%. Installation entails 1) mount motor, 2) connect fuel and battery 3) sync binnacle Wi-Fi to motor and go. Wi-Fi Connect also provides engine data to Wi-Fi Connect compatible gauges.

- Modular cowl with separate side and top units offered in several color combinations to accent boats and boaters tastes.

- TopCharge Cowl (trademark pending) option integrates a small solar panel in the horizontal surface of the cowl to provide trickle battery charging when motor is not in use.

- 5 year warranty, non-declining (no 3rd party warranty).

- Weight for the 350hp* is 630#, weight for the 400hp* model is 660# (* - denotes 25 shaft)

Pricing has not been announced, but expected to be aggressive as Suzuki is looking to dominate the repower market and establish a stronger position in the factory rigged boat market. These new technologies are expected to trickle down into the 200-300hp range the following model year.

Only 135 days for the Miami Boat Show Premier and this is going to be an interesting Miami Boat Show.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty exciting stuff!!
Old 10-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't see them eliminating corrosion. That seems like a bit of a stretch. Fly by wire is bad enough. There is no way in hell I would buy and engine being run thru wifi.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:54 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Would love drive trim and tab trim indicators to be Wifi connect. No holes nor cables. It is 2016.

Last edited by SB; 10-04-2016 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by obrien
I don't see them eliminating corrosion. That seems like a bit of a stretch. Fly by wire is bad enough. There is no way in hell I would buy and engine being run thru wifi.
http://www.jammerfromchina.com/categ...tooth_Jammers/
Old 10-04-2016, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I need one of those in my truck so I can screw with all the ass hats that have their face buried in their phone while driving
Old 10-05-2016, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope the information is accurate but here in Canada, Suzuki, Corp. anyway does not have a great following.

This is after the flawed shared models for a few years between them and Kawasaki in the MX and Off Road Motorcycle line and another decision a few years later to pull completely out of the Automotive Business in Canada. I guess these are business decisions made by guys and gals at the top of the food chain. But they really screwed over some Dealers up here and the Customer base in general leaving them with Orphan Vehicles and no access to OEM parts.

Nice job Suzuki.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by obrien
I agree, this is an awful idea. I have a hard enough time connecting my ipad to the wifi while on the can, 2 rooms away from the router.

Originally Posted by SB
Would love drive trim and tab trim indicators to be Wifi connect. No holes nor cables. It is 2016.
I agree, that would be sweet, but how would you power the sending units? Batteries? I guess maybe if TPMS sensor batteries can live for several years, maybe it's possible to work?
Old 10-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 568 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Clayfan
I hope the information is accurate but here in Canada, Suzuki, Corp. anyway does not have a great following.

This is after the flawed shared models for a few years between them and Kawasaki in the MX and Off Road Motorcycle line and another decision a few years later to pull completely out of the Automotive Business in Canada. I guess these are business decisions made by guys and gals at the top of the food chain. But they really screwed over some Dealers up here and the Customer base in general leaving them with Orphan Vehicles and no access to OEM parts.

Nice job Suzuki.
They seem to have a radically better reputation for outboards than in any other market they are in.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone needs to build 500hp x 500tq at 500lbs......................... That will be a game changer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.