Notices

Hooray for Key West

Old 10-22-2016, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Like the crashers are not going to enjoy Poker Run Village, the Bikini Contest, and all the other activities that are there thanks to Stu and the FPC...
Suck it up and don't be a drain on society.
Poker run village is on the public streets of Key West and the vendors PAY to be included!

I like Stu's events and have paid to attend 30+ events over the years but his "conspiracy theory about slipping through the cracks and greasing dockmasters" just strikes me wrong. I have never attended an FPC event where I wasn't paying or on a paid entrant's boat.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero Patience
We have been making this trip for 17 years, from key largo to KW. Slips at the Gallion, which FPC does not use. Sorry but i dont need any $1200 t shirts.
When I brought my boat down that's where I kept it.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stu's comments really piss me off. I have participated in many of his runs .They are always fun and well organized And yes, there is always 1 or 2 "followers" that mirror the event and dont register with the FPC. But to say that the marinas are full because people have figured out how to slip thru the cracks is absolutely ridiculous. Stu doesnt have the exclusive rights to the waterway that week !! I will be taking my boat down to KW for the races and will not be participating in his poker run and I was able to call and make a reservation for the boat without greasing a dockmaster. I have many fond memories, have met some awesome friends and have a closet full of the same tshirts from past runs. Just because I choose not to participate in this run DOES THIS MAKE ME A BAD PERSON ??
Old 10-22-2016, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

I made reservations in the KW City Bight docks for my boat for the 2015 SBI race in KW in January of 2015. I had my boat and truck hauled to Fort Lauderdale where I picked it up and ran the upper keys alone until I met Jim's crew in Faro Blanco.

In October of 2015 I got a call from one of his employees that I had one of "their slips". I explained I made the reservation in January 2015 for my slip and that I was not participating in their poker run but would love to have participate in the parties and get some shirts. They gave me a reduced rate for registering without doing the run. I got all the goodies, team shirts for my crew and admission to their parties which we ended up not attending.

I have participated and paid to run the Emerald Coast event and it was top knotch. I saw many people join the party and run without paying and coming to the drivers meeting to learn the rules and keep it safe. I'm sure the KW run experiences the same thing. If someone is running the FPC pokerrun without participating in the FPC drivers meeting and has a mishap it reflects on Stu's event. Stu has business overhead and adds something to the party. I don't mind paying but to insiuate we are all greasing the Dockmaster to get around him is wrong in many cases. It's a free waterway and if you make your own plans and reservations so be it. If you tag along the run and go to he's events and the FPC Saturday raft up you should do the right thing IMHO.

See you guys in KW and be safe
Old 10-22-2016, 07:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

FPC has done very good things for Key West. Many people would never experience the trip without Stu. With that said people are free to do what they want to do but do not freeload off the poker run. Pretty simple in my opinion, if you want to participate in the poker run pay up.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no one will ever argue your point......its what Stu has mentioned about greasing the dockmaster and slipping past the cracks that piss alot of us off. I run a 60' Searay and have no interest in running the poker run. I have a Capt running my boat and plan on going as slow as I can. What Stu has insinuated is that if we are not doing his run then we should not be entitled to get docking for the week. I have nothing against him or his events, I just feel that his comments are WAY off base
Old 10-25-2016, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

want to go so bad this year
Old 10-25-2016, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not worth it

Last edited by SkaterMike82; 10-25-2016 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CAPTAIN917

As much as I'd love to take that offer I couldn't afford to even be a passenger! First year going down and hope many more to follow. I like to go down scope the festivities out, see what NOT to do so I don't embarrass myself if I get the chance to run with everyone in a year or so. But maybe next year I'd like to tag along with somebody and bring my Pretty Lady! Besides she has the Skater Fever! ;-)

Last edited by Sydwayz; 11-08-2016 at 08:39 AM.