Notices

Selling my boat??

Old 10-28-2016, 06:35 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

My last 2 boats were a Formula 312 sold in Oct and a 382 sold in Jan. You may likely get more $$$ next year.....but then you're selling a year older boat. If you're making payments I doubt the extra covers the total of the payments made. Besides, if you sell it now then YOU can also start shopping earlier.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As stated previously get it on the market ASAP as you never know who is looking for what at any given time of the year! Just my experience with selling high performance items of any kind! GLWS
Old 10-28-2016, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

[QUOTE=RaggedEdge;4495074]
Originally Posted by Marginmn
If you are selling an 18 foot Sea Ray then I agree that one might be better off waiting until spring. But the market for High Performance boats is so small, and so specialized, that your already small pool of potential buyers may be even smaller come spring if someone specifically looking for your brand/model has already found something else........ or if the economy takes a dump.... or any number of other unknown factors that could affect the boat market by spring. I have sold performance boats before when there were literally only 2 or 3 people who ever called on the boat - and one of those three obviously did buy the boat I had for sale. I've often wondered how long it would have taken me to sell my boat if the timing hadn't been right for that one buyer - and at how much a lower a price I would have had to go in order to move it to a different buyer. If you are ready to list the boat, I say list it.

Having bought one of those boats you sold, what I will add to this discussion here is the fact that if what you offer is a prime piece, at a real price, a person looking to purchase will be across the table from you making the final arrangements of the deal.

I sat across from Robert at his table, left my money and never looked back.
Hate to bring this up again Peter, but we are still patiently waiting on that check to clear