Formula Introduces First 350 Crossover Bowrider with Outboard Power

Notices

Formula Introduces First 350 Crossover Bowrider with Outboard Power

Old 10-27-2016, 02:05 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 554 Likes on 263 Posts
Default Formula Introduces First 350 Crossover Bowrider with Outboard Power

To complement its upcoming 430 Super Sport Crossover, Formula Boats is going to introduce its new outboard-powered 350 Crossover Bowrider at next week's Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show.

https://speedonthewater.com/new-boat...outboard-power
Old 10-27-2016, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any idea how they are using the space where the motors used to be?
Old 10-28-2016, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I've got a lot of hours on a 350 SS. You'll have to go 400's with twins IMO. Trip 350's might be the sweet spot. You could smuggle a lot of bad hombres across the boarder in that engine compartment with no mills in it. Wonder which side of the swim platform will have the recess for the ladder as they don't show it in the pics. And obviously the extended platform is no longer an option with the VRods. Very interesting move on Formula's part.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess it was only a matter of time before Formula joined the outboard revolution. Actually you could argue it's long overdue, most started getting on board about 2 years ago.
I was sort of hoping they would have woke up and smelled the market and built a go-fast center console by now. although I guess I shouldn't be surprised, they haven't made an update to their fastech line in what 15 years? seriously throw a new deck on them already and give your go-fast line up the shot in the arm it deserves. with the way Formula styles things and their amenities I can't believe a 353or 382 fastech center console wouldn't be a hit......eh what do I know I buy 30 year old boats lol.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:03 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While the whole outboard revolution is well underway I don't think it is for me. To give up my swim platform for a couple egg beaters, not gonna happen. We spend a lot of time on the swim platform so to loose that much space would be a deal breaker.