are 21 superboats still being made

Notices

are 21 superboats still being made

Old 11-06-2016, 02:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Smarty, did you pull all those pics off google search? I hope that insulted you to post more.... I enjoyed them...
Jr.
No, those pictures posted earlier are all hard drive (I like your sense of humor), but since you like pictures here are two OSO pictures that are relevant to the thread. and may be beneficial to Ratman aka iliveonanisland in helping him choose a boat that may fit his needs. Yes, I like pictures in threads too. I like Christian's Boat (Battlewagon 22'), the picture of the Tuff below is very appealing to me as is the yellow Superboat, both look great to me.
Attached Thumbnails are 21 superboats still being made-21-tuff.jpg   are 21 superboats still being made-21-superboat.jpg  

Last edited by Smarty; 11-06-2016 at 03:28 PM. Reason: spelling error-grammar
Old 11-06-2016, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did you run the Hairy Canary boat out of? I remember it from back in the day.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sbracing
Where did you run the Hairy Canary boat out of? I remember it from back in the day.
Four different locations:

1. Chesapeake-Elk River-C&D Canal: we would put in at Barber's Basin, Salem, NJ boat ramp go through the C&D canal, look for races all day, then raft-up anchor in Lloyd's Creek (Stll Pond, MD) then return back to Salem, NJ looking for races on the return trip - that was my late-father's favorite boating location, but if it was almost low tide, we had too much boat and not enough boat ramp....it is fresh water ramp

2. Mays Landing NJ-Brigintine, NJ (rarely Corsons Inlet) - put in at Kents Marina on the Egg Harbor River - race boats in the ocean from Lucy the elephant beach in Margate north to the Steel pier, my father and I would sit in the ocean and just wait for a hot-rodder to pass by, we would race any boat that was willing, then back to the boat ramp which is another fresh water ramp

3. Delaware River - put in at Hargorves in Brooklawn, NJ on Big Timber Creek, head north, sometimes stop at Tullytown cove, or go to Trenton Marine, look around at the boats in the barn, then head back, again trying to race as many boats as possible all day long.

4. A few occassions Barnegat Bay in the late 80's - early 90's, for the bay race, or Proroc radar shoot-out, put in at East Dover Marina. he loved to go to Barnegat Bay, we would race alot of boats in one day, but my father hated dunking the trailer in salt water, that is why the above three locations are where we routinely went boating, the boat was always trailered, and was garage kept.

It was a very fun boat, a lot of great memories in that boat, it was a father and son event every Sunday for 19 years. I loved that boat.

That sums it up.

For me a 21'-22' V that iliveonanisland wants with a 300 XS would be perfect for me (love the idea of the 400, I am realist on my desire to pay for it)
Attached Thumbnails are 21 superboats still being made-redhead1.jpg   are 21 superboats still being made-100_0070.jpg   are 21 superboats still being made-100_0054.jpg  

Last edited by Smarty; 11-06-2016 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TOASTY
Hi Gang,

Thank you for the interest and support! We have been diligently crafting a handful of fine hulls each year since the late 1990s / early 2000s. Starting with the Battle Wagon 12' Muddy Duck & 18' Commercial Skiffs, the way we construct these hulls is really second to none. Because of my performance boating background,ownership, and history, i decided to make a great design even better, with a little Jersey attitude, and finer materials for all my hulls including this amazing little 22'

As you all are probably aware, the Mid-Atlantic waters - Jersey shore can be home to some sporty water conditions. My goal has always been to construct a hull that can withstand the punishment of our harsh waters…ergo the Battle Wagon Boats name. Might want to check out the structure, stringers, and transom photos…these hulls are built!

Please feel free to reach out to me for more info and photos.
Cheers
Christian
Phone:
two15.five10.eight007
What there supposed to be pics attached to this post? I would love to see the 22 Battle Wagon
Old 11-08-2016, 01:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jusabum
FYI - you do have a cognitive disability. You "interpreted" wrong. I was answering the original post.
So, let's break it down so you can understand.
I made fun of the company name.
I then went on to explain about how successful the Linder design became and that Superboat build a great boat back in the day. And that trying to find one, do his homework. MEANING, there are a lot of builders out there who build knock-off crap.
Then the owner of BattleWagon explained how the name came about... like a gentleman.
First, I shouldn't even be explaining this to a grown adult.
Second, you are expecting me to apologize for YOUR MISINTERPRETATION of a post?
YOU sir, need to take a minute, stop and smell the roses....
I apologize for offending you, and misinterpreting your initial post
The following users liked this post:
scippy (01-29-2021)
Old 11-08-2016, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Must have seen it at the bay race. Jolly Roger Rated-x Magnum days!
Old 11-08-2016, 08:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sbracing
Must have seen it at the bay race. Jolly Roger Rated-x Magnum days!
The original owner of the Magnum was a man named Spike, Lucky Strike here on OSO told me about the history as did delivering salesman of the Magnum from 1974 who sold it to Spike. I was at one of the those when Roger Munn won, in the Jolly Roger, I was with my father in 20' Cigarette prior to 1978, after 78' the red Pantera anchored watching the races, and when Pat Patel ran the 27' Fountain in the bay race we had the Magnum up there for that race, that is same race that the salesman I an referring to Brad, won in his Scarab with the 540 cu.in./575 hp, Blackhawk drive Scarab.. I loved those bay races, alot of the hot-rodders came out to watch, the spectator fleet was as impressive as the race boats, I guess some things never change.

If you remember Roger Munn you must be as old as me or older, that was a few days ago for sure. Mr. Crisp's "Rated X" and Mr. Harper's "Lil Smidgen" were my favorite Magnums to watch racback in the day.

Last edited by Smarty; 11-08-2016 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 542 Likes on 330 Posts

thread revival....but with great news!

The legendary 21 is being built again and they're going racing!

Battlewagon Boats Savage 21

Smarty (01-29-2021)
Old 01-29-2021, 09:34 AM
Registered

Smarty (01-29-2021)
Old 01-29-2021, 09:35 AM
Registered

the latest hull to be delivered in 2021

The following 3 users liked this post by noli:
Smarty (01-29-2021), ThisIsLivin (01-29-2021), TrippM (01-29-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.