Portable boat shelters/garage?

Notices

Portable boat shelters/garage?

Old 11-09-2016, 04:44 PM
KN
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Portable boat shelters/garage?

Does anyone have a connection or have discounts for OSO members, Looking online at portable garages I need a 12' wide x 10' Tall x 40' long?

Thanks
Old 11-10-2016, 06:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I was shopping for one of those metal carport types. A lot of places sell them, and prices are close. I was quoted around 3K for 12W x 12H x 36L If you get a lot of snow you might need something more heavy duty.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:17 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by KN
Does anyone have a connection or have discounts for OSO members, Looking online at portable garages I need a 12' wide x 10' Tall x 40' long?

Thanks
I know you are in a snow area, so I'd be careful with this. When we have had big snow (central, NH) I have seen tons of these come down on what was stored inside.

So, shop accordingly as I'm sure some are better with this than others.

Edit in:

Originally Posted by Dave M
I was shopping for one of those metal carport types. A lot of places sell them, and prices are close. I was quoted around 3K for 12W x 12H x 36L If you get a lot of snow you might need something more heavy duty.
LOL, I should have read your reply first...I wouldn't have had to answer too. Hah.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had a 18'x46'x10' tall car port put up, with 3 sides enclosed to put mine in.

Because it was so long they had to put 2 car ports together as they dont make a bottom rail long enough. With that comes a seam in the roof they said if you use the horizontal roof and they said after several years it may leak.

I said thats fine ill just reseal it, when they called to setup the install day, they gave me a helluva deal on going to the vertical roof that I couldnt pass up. It looks so much better than the horizontal style and they said you can take it down and move the building as many times as you want, where for some reason they said the horizontal roof doesnt do well after being moved, dont remember what they said the deal was with that.

Its hard to beat an enclosed car port for the money vs the sq/ft, I priced out so many different ways and thats what I picked.

I also plan on using some angle iron to run long ways along the roof to help strengthen the "trusses", probably 2 rows on each side and then closing in the front with a garage door. They only charged $200 for a 36" side entry door installed, and you could get the door with a window for the same price.

Carolina Car Ports is who I used if you care to know.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I used Carolina Carports, as well. They have a version that is rated for snowfall, more of an A-frame roof than the traditional versions, with C-channel connecting the "trusses". They're called boxed-eave style by some companies.

If it's over 8" of snow, I get out the roof rake. Less than that and I let Mother Nature take her course. 3 winters, 2 of them brutal, and I've been very happy with it.

Last edited by Speedracer29; 11-10-2016 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have this one from shelter logic. 44x22x13. I wanted a little extra height so I put a mafia block footing. Bolted the legs into the concrete. Went with the thicker material as well.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TooLateVTEC
I just had a 18'x46'x10' tall car port put up, with 3 sides enclosed to put mine in.

Because it was so long they had to put 2 car ports together as they dont make a bottom rail long enough. With that comes a seam in the roof they said if you use the horizontal roof and they said after several years it may leak.

I said thats fine ill just reseal it, when they called to setup the install day, they gave me a helluva deal on going to the vertical roof that I couldnt pass up. It looks so much better than the horizontal style and they said you can take it down and move the building as many times as you want, where for some reason they said the horizontal roof doesnt do well after being moved, dont remember what they said the deal was with that.

Its hard to beat an enclosed car port for the money vs the sq/ft, I priced out so many different ways and thats what I picked.

I also plan on using some angle iron to run long ways along the roof to help strengthen the "trusses", probably 2 rows on each side and then closing in the front with a garage door. They only charged $200 for a 36" side entry door installed, and you could get the door with a window for the same price.

Carolina Car Ports is who I used if you care to know.
all steel buildings in gibsonton, fl ... better quality than carolina carports similar pricing if not better