Notices

Soft Prop Storage Bags

Old 11-10-2016, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Soft Prop Storage Bags

Not everyone owns $5000 cleaver props and not everyone wants to invest $200+ for a hard plastic propeller case for each prop. Some of us have more than 1 set of props.

With that said I was wondering what the OSO membership interest level in a more affordable way to store propellers would be?
I'm talking Bravo 1 style and or Verado-Yamaha O/B size/style props.

I've attached 2 pics.

The first (pyramid shape) is available all over the internet for about $25, I own 3 myself. Once you wrestle the prop into the bag it works great but getting the prop in and out, not so easy.

The second (drum case shape) used to be available, is still listed on the dealers site but is perpertually out of stock. When I called I was told that there was No Interest in reproducing and or stocking. I asked if they'd do a run of them for a group buy & I was told No.
IMO opinion this type of soft prop storage bag (drum shape) is way more user friendly, offers greater protection & better storage options than the pyramid shaped bag since it's stackable.

I have 6 being made for me now (2 sets, pics to follow). They are constructed from ballistic Nylon so labbed props aren't going to cut up the interior sides. The top, bottom and side all have a thin layer of plastic sewn into them that maintains the bags shape + provides additional protection.

Your comments, concerns, thoughts and input are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails Soft Prop Storage Bags-hlp-pro-16052_nt.jpg   Soft Prop Storage Bags-prop-bag.jpg  

Last edited by NASCAT; 11-10-2016 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:09 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

My thoughts are the same as yours. The prop bag in your 1st photo is what I have now and it is not easy to get a 5 Blade in and out so I barely use them. The velcro doesn't hold very well because the prop fits so tight and there is really no place to keep XR hubs and hardware. Hard cases are nice but I would l like something comparable to your second photo that is more user friendly. I would be in for 2.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

In for 2!!
Old 11-10-2016, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I like the zipper part but would like to see the strapping for the carrying handle to wrap around the bottom. In case the zipper fails the prop would fall out. Would not be a good thing.
If the handles came from both sides underneath it would take the the strain off the zipper.
JMO.
I would be interested also. Would be nice offer some embroidery on the cover also......
Old 11-10-2016, 11:02 AM
Registered

If I'm not mistaken the bag built for me has the handle strap material going around the circumference of the prop bag for added strength and support. The zipper affixed top is also hinged, it doesn't zipper 360*, maybe just 340* around.
regardless I don't believe that would help at all if the zipper failed but a strap across the interior of the bag that was cut in half but could be joined w/ Velcro might be a simple solution for keeping the prop secure to the base.

We discussed a laser cut foam insert like you find in camera or drone carrying cases but I think that will become cost prohibitive and complicated when you introduce, 3, 4 and 5 blade props to the mix.

No embroidery planned nor do I believe they have the capabilities to do so. Currently there is a small luggage tag type window you can insert a card into to identify the contents.

Good feedback, thanks!
Old 11-10-2016, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

For previous boat, I packed my backup props in the BBlades prop shipping boxes. It was a little ghetto, but it worked fine.

Additionally, (because I am a drummer) - this came to mind when I saw your picture. You may be able to find one of these that work.
http://shop.beatobags.com/product-p/bp1snare.htm

TM
Old 11-10-2016, 12:17 PM
Registered

I went to the local Sam Ash and the drum bags were either too large diameter or too deep.
I didn't invest allot of time just looked at what was readily available.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:04 PM
Registered

This is the 1st bag they produced for me. Still needs a bit of tweaking but I think they are close.
Interior diameter is too large. Needs to fit the prop a little snugger.
A little too deep also, could probably stand to lose an 1" of depth.
Attached Thumbnails Soft Prop Storage Bags-prop-bag-open.jpg   Soft Prop Storage Bags-prop-bag.jpg   Soft Prop Storage Bags-prop-bag-side.jpg  

Old 11-11-2016, 08:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Your on track, real nice first prototype.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:34 AM
Registered

Took about an inch out of the depth and added 3/4" of memory foam to the perimeter which has resulted in a much snugger fit.

Prop fit is snugger face down but either direction works.
Attached Thumbnails Soft Prop Storage Bags-img_5515.jpg   Soft Prop Storage Bags-img_5516.jpg   Soft Prop Storage Bags-img_5517.jpg  

Soft Prop Storage Bags-img_5518.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.