Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   665 inch BBC for LaveyCraft NuEra29 build (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/342618-665-inch-bbc-laveycraft-nuera29-build.html)

BUP 11-14-2016 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by mike tkach (Post 4500559)
john,what drive will this boat have?

Mike the plan currently is a IMCO SCX upper and a SC lower

mike tkach 11-14-2016 08:35 PM

that should work.sure glad you didn,t say xr.

BUP 11-14-2016 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by mike tkach (Post 4500579)
that should work.sure glad you didn,t say xr.

I know better than that because I see it enough from other owners using an XR in person with a lot LESS power in their application.

AZMIDLYF 11-14-2016 09:12 PM

This thing will pull like a freight train.

14 apache 11-14-2016 09:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 900HP (Post 4500525)
I don't really know yet. I'm sure we are going to be over $30K. 4 gallon dry sump oiling system alone is pretty expensive and the intake manifold.......... that's not cheap either.

Did I mention what intake manifold I'm going to use? Well it's on order and it looks just like this one only it's going to be a different color ;)

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/...psbt9b5gcz.jpg

Your engine is very close to what I had but bigger. [ATTACH=CONFIG]561550[/ATTACH]

What electronics you have picked out? With MSD or individual coils?

BUP 11-14-2016 11:02 PM

No MSD coils on the build. Same coils Merc racing uses, More info - crank trigger, Jesel belt and If recall correctly ATI dampner,

Also - closed cooling as I am working on a custom design with a manufacturer for all that end and the same with them for the cool fuel system and oil coolers. Weldon Fuel pump

^^^^ Who built your engines ?

hogie roll 11-14-2016 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by 14 apache (Post 4500407)
Nice build but think you need more cylinder head for the cubes.
That thing will make a bunch of torque.

Yeah BRx sr20 or dart 20s would be good on 632+.

14 apache 11-14-2016 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by BUP (Post 4500635)
No MSD coils on the build. Same coils Merc racing uses, More info - crank trigger, Jesel belt and If recall correctly ATI dampner,

Also - closed cooling as I am working on a custom design with a manufacturer for all that end and the same with them for the cool fuel system and oil coolers. Weldon Fuel pump
^^^^ Who built your engines ?

I built them and I also freshwater cooled them
Could probably save you some money on the coolers for engine. Use flat plate cooler off eBay they use them for boilers and fire places.
Don't need fuel cooler for a 2015 or 2025 Weldon pump.
I have tons of info for you.

BUP 11-14-2016 11:56 PM

I am going to use a cool fuel set up just like what ILmor does on a few of its engines, Its such a simple design and very inexpensive. The cooler the fuel is, the better we are all the way around even for power. I really wanted the fuel pumps in the gas tank but have changed my mind about it. Tank depth one of the issues for that end of it among a few other issues. Mercruiser and Volvo are the only 2 left using external fuel pumps on the marine side. I am not going to cool fuel like Merc set ups. I work on enough of those already to know WTH were they thinking. Just saying.

Volvo Penta uses plate oil coolers as well. I like the plate coolers.

Thanks for posting and the help.

Also here in Texas dead of summer vapor lock can be a huge problem regardless of fuel set up. Weldon set ups and manyy other fuel set ups vapor locked - 90 degree lake water temps and 110 degree weather with engine heat soak can = vapor lock here. The only boats I seen in our hottest summer year was the Mastercrafts with the fuel pump cell in the gas tank NOT vapor locked that summer.

14 apache 11-14-2016 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by hogie roll (Post 4500643)
Yeah BRx sr20 or dart 20s would be good on 632+.

I think they are to big. Sr20 is 440cc intake
Big chief I have is 416cc I would of bought the sr20 heads but it would of bin a turd on the low end. Planning would of bin impossible for my boat. I went from 351cc to 383cc and almost would not plane off.