Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
So who on OSO has personally blueprinted the bottom of your boat? >

So who on OSO has personally blueprinted the bottom of your boat?

Notices

So who on OSO has personally blueprinted the bottom of your boat?

Old 11-18-2016, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pokher Ace
I have. Being an ex Customs boat with bottom paint at one time the bottom was very rough. Made necessary repairs, airfiled every inch of the bottom and made it true.
You must have been itchy working in sandals and no shirt.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have. Being an ex Customs boat with bottom paint at one time the bottom was very rough. Made necessary repairs, airfiled every inch of the bottom and made it true.
Sir great job and your determination is unrivaled. Your 42 seems to be taking shape. I'm sure your arms are also after all that sanding. I've followed your post on the 42
Old 11-18-2016, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Does this count?

Only counts if you made multiple passes lol besides it looks like you forgot to blueprint the drive
Old 11-19-2016, 12:26 AM
Registered

Next sprayed black gel to rid of scum lines and is currently waiting to be sanded and buffed. Going to gel up to the rubrail with white for durability and 'car paint' probably with imron rubrail up and on top
F the imron dude... go awlgrip! That paint is harder and has more body than imron. My old mans 40' sailboat hit a big wooden dock at like 10knots. The boat climbed tbe dock and slid back down it. Wiped the creasode off ig from the dock and there wasnt a scratch. Plus when repairing an area you can rub it and do an amazing end with imron not a chance of making a spot blend look good...
Old 11-19-2016, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about filling in a hull step. I've seen a race boat from 1990's pictures and the hull is stepped. But that same boat now does not have a step. Like some one has filled it in. Why and how?
Old 11-19-2016, 08:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 250ekelly
What about filling in a hull step. I've seen a race boat from 1990's pictures and the hull is stepped. But that same boat now does not have a step. Like some one has filled it in. Why and how?
Thats crazy. Some clown had steps cut into a 41apache someone should fill them in but i think the damage is done
Old 11-19-2016, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iliveonanisland
Thats crazy. Some clown had steps cut into a 41apache someone should fill them in but i think the damage is done
If I remember correctly steps were not cut into the hull. I think material was added from bow to stern and a step created. But I am known to be wrong every time.