From Canada and heading to Lake Havasu for Vacation >

From Canada and heading to Lake Havasu for Vacation

Notices

From Canada and heading to Lake Havasu for Vacation

Old 12-16-2016, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From Canada and heading to Lake Havasu for Vacation

As the title says I'm from Canada ( one hour away from Detroit) and I'm looking to make a trip to Arizona...Lake Havasu. We are going early or late summer because mid summer is probably to hot for us Canadians...lol. What to do think would be better early summer or late summer as for getting the lake Havasu experience. We just wanna make sure we have fun while down there. Give me your opinion!
Old 12-16-2016, 01:08 PM
Registered

We were late aug of 15 hot as hell only stayed a couple days , its not a very big area to run , a quick run down S to the dam and then north to Topock and north of that it gets even shallower have to watch water levels its very low right now . At least I can say that I have been there you should ck out Powell that is impressive and a lot bigger .
Old 12-16-2016, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

A friend of ours just returned a few weeks back from their place outside of Phoenix. They went down Oct 23 - Nov. 28. It was still hot enough to enjoy the heat, the by the pool daily and spend a lot of time touring on the Harley....but not so hot that they were confined to A/C. Same trip taking place in March- Mid April.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 575cat
We were late aug of 15 hot as hell only stayed a couple days , its not a very big area to run , a quick run down S to the dam and then north to Topock and north of that it gets even shallower have to watch water levels its very low right now . At least I can say that I have been there you should ck out Powell that is impressive and a lot bigger .
Hey Dean! if you could make it out again . I 'd love to hang out.I'm gonna text Swanny too.
That time of year is like Mound at that time of year. Kinda over summer.. lol.. Anyway. the water is always higher in the spring!!
desert storm is the first week of May. 75-80 for air temp. Waters a little chilly but not cold. That's when we're headin.. I personally like labor day at 100 plus temps.. It's crazy fun. Just the lady aint into the heat
Old 12-16-2016, 10:45 PM
Platinum Member

September-October are the best months of the year at Havasu. The water is still very warm and the air is starting to cool off. Expect 80's-90's air temp and water about 80*.
Not too crowded and during the week you will have the lake to yourself. When going up river to Topock, Pirate's Cove, and Needles remember the water is higher in the morning and in the afternoon it will be lower, but still safe to run in.
Enjoy the trip.

Last edited by Dkahnjob; 12-17-2016 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

You should try to make it for desert storm which they charged to may this year. The water will still be cold but weather is usually high 80's low 90's. Otherwise I'd say sept is the absolute best month to go because the water is still 80 and the weather is in the mid 90's. October, I think you start to roll the dice day by day how the weathers going to be. But if you do decide to roll in October you should go for monster bash.

When you go, you'll need a boat. Unlike other destinations, havasu is definitely a boating lake. You need a boat to get to topac, pirates cove, steam boat cove, havasu springs etc. rent a pontoon and have fun!! People congregate (for some reason) in the main channel so there's always eye candy there as up river at pirates. Stay away in July August! Over 100 degrees and f*ckin miserable. You go down bellow to get a beer and nearly die of heat exhaustion. Seriously no fun.

Last edited by thisistank; 12-17-2016 at 01:26 PM.