Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Havasu:  Fall Heatwave Poker Run >

Havasu: Fall Heatwave Poker Run

Notices

Havasu: Fall Heatwave Poker Run

Old 10-07-2002, 02:54 PM
Uncle Toys

You can always count on Nort for some pictures Sorry we missed the river run, we even brought our video camera to shoot your boat this time. But it was getting dark and I'm a big coward about coming down river in low light. Next time for sure Nort.

p.s. Art pulled your name Saturday night, don't know what you would have won - oh well.

Old 10-07-2002, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pictues UT..It was a good time. Good seeing everybody and meeting Craig Barry, he was definitely a fascinating (sp) guy. I think Semper Fi was picking his brain quite a bit about the old days at Cigarette.

UT, I heard there was also some good video of us running as well. We were not entered in the run but the helicopter seemed to be all over us. I heard we got booed at the dinner for not wearing jackets but we were just running down the lake to find a good spot to watch the fast boats come back. I wonder if I can get some video footage or if they are going to cut us out.

See everybody on the water.

Old 10-07-2002, 03:06 PM
Registered

hi uncle toys dont you ever do work when your at the office? NEwz you need to post more pix of this poker run.
Old 10-07-2002, 03:42 PM
Uncle Toys

No, I don't work on Mondays after kewl three-day weekends at the lake. Old bones are tired, brain to slow, too many phone messages to return, piles too high.

Wait a minute - I don't have to explain to you - I'm the Dad here! Your suppose to be in school.

p.s. This morning there wasn't any gas in my car

Last edited by Uncle Toys; 10-07-2002 at 03:58 PM.

Old 10-07-2002, 03:58 PM
Registered

We had a pretty good time over the weekend, although we didn't really get to catch up with any OSO/SCOPE guys.

Tank, we wanted to stop and BS with you guys when I saw you heading into the channel, but we were running late to pick up my inlaws. Maybe next time I can see one of your famous back flips off the transom...

Uncle Toys, I think that I saw you at the dinner on Sat after the poker run, but when I tried to find you to say hi I couldn't....It looked like they got some good footage of your boat on the video Sat.

Havasu Cigs, we saw you guys cruising around a lot but never the same direction we were heading... They did get some good shots of yoar boat running, I'm sure that somehow you can get at least some raw footage. It's time for you guys to get that boat out here.

I haven't watched my video of the spring poker run yet, but I'll check it out tonight.

Did anybody count how many broken boats there were??
Old 10-07-2002, 03:58 PM
Registered

UT- Only problem was no gas in car?
How about you get back home &
1-your new cd that was in player is now on the floor after being steped on & another cd comes blarring out at you when you start truck.
2- Your seat is now in the layed back positiion.
3-You have a hard time reconizing your truck ( in is in the garage where you left it) after they went out to see how well the 4 wheel drive works in the mud.
4-one quarter of your tools that were in the tool box are now in the back of bed. The other quarter are ????
5-Your good looking High dollar hitch is missing from the reciever.
6-You can not quite figure out the smell in your truck, but after looking around you find they went to visit TO's BK & forgot about eating it.
7- I just know there are more, just have to try & remember the rest.
Old 10-07-2002, 04:17 PM
Uncle Toys

TJ – I’m in denial (and not the river in Egypt). Now her mother – that’s another story.

Steamin' – Sorry we kept missing. We'll catch up with you on of these times. I caught the end of the footage of my boat Saturday at dinner– the part that looked like I was up on the port sponson and about to roll. The entire crowd gasped. Funny thing is, I don’t remember any part of the run like that. Can’t explain it!

Chris, talk to Art on the side. He's a super-cool guy, I'd bet he'd work something out for you. Wondered what the boo'ing was about. The crowd boo'ed some boats and cheared others - we were confused.

Old 10-07-2002, 06:26 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Poker Run Video

Here's some video I shot...it's not the best, but it's kinda hard to hold on and film...I think you can see Uncle Toys in there...

Be patient- it's 9 megs!

Last edited by Havasu Hangin; 10-09-2002 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-07-2002, 06:52 PM
Registered

Yep.....that was Uncle Toys there......THAT YOU BLASTED BY!!!!! You were haulin A$$!!! Awesome!
Old 10-07-2002, 07:10 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Thanks Nort...

If you look close, I think that GPS shot shows around 100...I don't think we got passed all day...

Not too bad for a little pleasure boat... We were definately hanging it out...we launched a couple times, and the nose came up (all I saw was sky)...but never went below 90...

...except when the jet-skier cut us off around Copper Canyon...

Quick Reply: Havasu: Fall Heatwave Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.