Notices

Hammond Boats

Old 02-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the later Strykers (old Hammond molds) used BBC's with Bravo ones,tho a couple were built with Blackhawk drives. The hull design will take almost any power you care to install,the limit is the drive. We had a customer that installed a blown BBC from his drag car,probrably capable of upper 90's or more easily,but he blew a drive first time out and put back the original 7.4.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Registered

Default Hammond 1981

Hello Magicfloat, You seem to have a lot of knowledge of Hammond Boats, I am just finishing up a project on a 1981 V2150 Hammond. I installed a 350 HP ZZ4 with bravo I drive and havent been to the water yet, just wondering what MPH I can expect and any other advise you might have would be helpful and greatly appreciated.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Hard to say. Back in the day,the 260hp 350 with Alpha ran low 60's easily,330hp 454 with Bravo high 60s,502 mags ran hi 70's. I guess mabe hi 60's could be obtainable.Use a Mirage prop.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fastboat
Can anyone give me any info on Hammond Boats? I found a 21 ft Challenger at a good price, but don't know much about them. It has a SBC Mercruiser with 260 HP. Thanks for sharing any info.
Re: Hammond Challenger MKII (2150). Have followed R.H.'s history since 1979 and before in his design capacities with other boat manufacturers (ie:Glastron, etc.). Have a '82 MKII, know it's history since day one. I know of 3 MKII's and 1 1979 MKI in Saskatchewan, as well as other Hammond models that were sold thru' a dealership in Regina, Sask. Please e-me if you would like more info or chat about these wonderful, well built boats.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:13 AM
Registered

Default Hammond Challenger V2150 History

Is Magicfloat still out there? (Or anybody with info re: Hammond boats, or other boats made with these molds ie; Stryker..) Sounds like you have a thorough background re: Hammond boats, RH's history with Glastron/hull development in the last 40+ years. Would greatly appreciate your insight as far as any history, etc that I could access to help in my logging a history of the 'Hammond' boat experience. I personally have followed Hammond boats since a dealer in Regina,Saskatchewan, Canada brought them here back in '79. We have a lot of Hammonds here as there weren't many marine dealers in this area back then. Thanx for any help/info. I have had my 1982 Challenger MKII since 1987, and it still is the sweetest ride in this size that I've driven. Thanx again, Jeembo
Old 03-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Registered

hi i own a hammond mkII with the hull RRH03026M83B
with an 454 and an 1721 arneson drive living in the north of sweden so the boat have travelled a long way its a great boat in good shape interior on the seats still original have a new paint on it though looks pretty cool. is this one of Bob Hammonds boats??
Old 03-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

That is a real Hammond,and one of the last Bob built.The RRH in the hull # says it all,RRH stands for Robert R. Hammond.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:00 AM
Registered

Default Wanted Hammond 21ft Challenger

I have been looking for A 21ft hammond challenger for A few years please let me know of any for sale
[email protected]
Old 07-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Registered

Default Hammond boats

I have had a '76 Hammond V1950 El Dorado for about 3 years now . This is the most info I have seen on the net about Hammond boats. I have used mine strickly for fishing. The bow design handles the Columbia river well and it is very stable when on anchor or floating downstream fighting a Chinook salmon. The interior is still in excellant shape and I just had a new top made which is a bit taller but still looks great. I have made some modifications ( aluminum anchor nest set up for large river claw anchor with mount also for a bow mount 80 lb thrust MinnKota electric motor). I incorporated the swim step into a mount for a 7.5 hp Merc trolling motor. I have not seen another Hammond on the water since I have had this boat. I am a new member and hope to see more Hammond owners on here!
Old 02-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Registered

Default Another Hammond 2150 Challenger

Hey guys, I bought my Hammond in the summer of '06 in Edmonton, Canada, from a guy who had it for 20 years or so. It's an '81 that was painted about 15 years ago, and has a matching interior. Still has the stock 260hp motor and pre-Alpha drive. I live on the southwest coast of BC now and love to use my boat at Harrison Lake or Okanagan Lake. I have put aftermarket performance manifolds and thru-hull exhaust and my boat which makes it sound real nice. I may be interested in selling it but only because I want a larger boat.

Quick Reply: Hammond Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.