Notices

Repower Sanity

Old 01-24-2017, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

When did this site turn into CashBarOnly.com?
Old 01-24-2017, 07:35 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,750 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Originally Posted by Shallow Minded
When did this site turn into CashBarOnly.com?
Blame me. I wrote the story. Pretty much the day Mr. Harris bought the boat, and I reported on it (it's kind of a famous Skater) he told me he planned to repower it. I made a note to revisit that topic and then, when he gets his new engines, follow the repower and its results. Should be a fun one to cover.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:20 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I always wanted this Skater and wasn't scared of the power. It's just a lot to use when you do as many different events as we do every year.

I realized how easy the Mercury 700s were with my Active Thunder. The ability to get real-time warnings, and the severity, right on the dash is a huge bonus. The Skater is currently only setup with warning lights.

It may not be the most cost-effective way to do it but I knew this boat was a keeper and I would personalize it far more that just doing the power.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:50 AM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

Beautiful boat Cash. After reading Matt's article I pictured the "Bluto they took the bar" seen from the movie Animal House. Those PSI blower motors are badass! I'm sure the boat will be plenty fast with the 700s. Good luck with the repower and enjoy that boat!
Old 01-25-2017, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
I always wanted this Skater and wasn't scared of the power. It's just a lot to use when you do as many different events as we do every year.

I realized how easy the Mercury 700s were with my Active Thunder. The ability to get real-time warnings, and the severity, right on the dash is a huge bonus. The Skater is currently only setup with warning lights.

It may not be the most cost-effective way to do it but I knew this boat was a keeper and I would personalize it far more that just doing the power.
This is kind of what I suspected and makes sense. Sometimes you can't put a price on the emotional attachment that you get for things. The joy of ownership far outweighs the costs.

All of my boats have been moderately (some may say low ) powered boats but are reliable and somewhat economical.

Good luck with it and look forward to seeing it with new power.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

The 700's are a great platform for the 32 plus with the added performance/efficiency of the stretched tunnel, Cash gets more mph/hp.and can fuel up pretty much anywhere.

Interesting he is following the same package as Ron (Flightclub) did when Ron acquired the Tainted Lady Skater V - pulled big power and went with 700's albeit with Whipple Stage Kits - which leaves more power in the cards for Greg.

Boats are only fast and fun when they are running!

That Skater will always be a SWEET ride.

Last edited by speicher lane; 01-25-2017 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

I love this idea.

The PSI's are cool and sound great but us FL folk try and boat year round and Greg and his lovely lady like to travel to a lot of runs as well. So the move to a reliable yet still fast and fun package makes complete sense.

Nice move and good luck.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Before tossing in the new 700's be sure to add Sterling decals on the valve covers and 1100 SCi-P decals on the sides of the blowers to silence the haters and really get the heads scratching at the docks. Oh yeah, tell them the "P" is for prototype!
Old 01-25-2017, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Before tossing in the new 700's be sure to add Sterling decals on the valve covers and 1100 SCi-P decals on the sides of the blowers to silence the haters and really get the heads scratching at the docks. Oh yeah, tell them the "P" is for prototype!
I heard he's painting the blowers and valve covers Mercruiser black so they last 1500hrs!
Old 01-25-2017, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

poor guy will have to settle for a 100 mph cruising speed lmao

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.