Notices

Repower Sanity

Old 01-25-2017, 10:07 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by stimleck
poor guy will have to settle for a 100 mph cruising speed lmao
As opposed to 130+ like it is with current setup. I'll never be the fastest but I will sure try to finish.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:17 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Awesome awesome boat but I would modify the excellent existing power to accommodate your wants, there are no positive benifits in converting to used Merc power besides resale.

Wouldn't hurt to have some engine builders give you a quote on detuning and converting yours to efi cause it's not going to to be cheap to convert to Merc 700s, freshen, custom paint, lower scoops, paint hatch's, upgrade dash, expensive re rigging, etc.

Good luck either way!
Old 01-26-2017, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
As opposed to 130+ like it is with current setup. I'll never be the fastest but I will sure try to finish.
Love it as I top out at 55 LMAO, enjoy
Old 01-26-2017, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

From the article:
We are in this for everyday, 100-mph cruiing and still have something that is manageable around the docks. Between our current engines with carburetors and huge blowers and our catamaran with no rubrail, it’s currently a constant challenge around the docks.

Boom, problem solved, available at Bass Pro Shops for a pittance! After saving you a bunch of money and work, I expect a ride at SkaterFest '17.

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/Trolli.../Engine-Mount/

Last edited by Speedracer29; 01-26-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:14 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Awesome awesome boat but I would modify the excellent existing power to accommodate your wants, there are no positive benifits in converting to used Merc power besides resale.

Wouldn't hurt to have some engine builders give you a quote on detuning and converting yours to efi cause it's not going to to be cheap to convert to Merc 700s, freshen, custom paint, lower scoops, paint hatch's, upgrade dash, expensive re rigging, etc.

Good luck either way!
It will very likely be new Mercs with warranty. The electronics alone is enough reason for me and there is always resale to consider on the remote chance I ever sell. The current motors have all the best parts but making this boat "my own" is part of the process. It doesn't "need" any of the stuff I want to do to it just like it doesn't "need" a tilt trailer but I'm sure going to try to find one for it.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:14 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Originally Posted by stimleck
Love it as I top out at 55 LMAO, enjoy
And you probably always get to your destination.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 4,318 Likes on 1,241 Posts

As a aftermarket blower motor guy I totally get it.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

It will very likely be new Mercs with warranty. The electronics alone is enough reason for me and there is always resale to consider on the remote chance I ever sell. The current motors have all the best parts but making this boat "my own" is part of the process. It doesn't "need" any of the stuff I want to do to it just like it doesn't "need" a tilt trailer but I'm sure going to try to find one for it.
It also helps that you can get parts within 48hours (if not sooner) in all parts of the modern world and true diagnostics are either on board or Merc's CDS - custom built engine's w/o build sheets are tear down/explore and order to replace
Old 01-26-2017, 09:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just what I sold.......