Notices

Birth Of A Poker Run

Old 01-31-2017, 07:11 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also agree with Marginmn and rumrunner29 starting a new run in conflict and somewhat in the same area with an already established run is not a good plan. I would have gone to this run since it's been years since I have been there. I'm already registered for the thunder run.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:40 PM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Did the 2010 event you're referencing also incorporate Lake Barkley? If so, I was misinformed and I'll make the appropriate changes.
Hey Matt, Barkley was included somehow for the poker run. They would usually do a Friday night meet and greet at Buzzard Rock marina, but majority of the card stops were on Ky lake with optional stops on Barkley. I'm all for another run, we have a large lake were people can get out and stretch those throttles and make new friendships. Thank you for the article, I was just pointing out we've had some good size runs with some big hardware attending. The first run started here in 2002 and 2010 being the last.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:56 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,755 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Diesel
Hey Matt, Barkley was included somehow for the poker run. They would usually do a Friday night meet and greet at Buzzard Rock marina, but majority of the card stops were on Ky lake with optional stops on Barkley. I'm all for another run, we have a large lake were people can get out and stretch those throttles and make new friendships. Thank you for the article, I was just pointing out we've had some good size runs with some big hardware attending. The first run started here in 2002 and 2010 being the last.
No worries and many thanks. I should have double-checked with a second source, just to be sure. Absolutes such as "first" and "only" can be tricky. Anyway, the text in the subhead has been corrected on speedonthewater.com and will be corrected at OSO when my editor comes in tomorrow. Cheers!
Old 01-31-2017, 08:09 PM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
No worries and many thanks. I should have double-checked with a second source, just to be sure. Absolutes such as "first" and "only" can be tricky. Anyway, the text in the subhead has been corrected on speedonthewater.com and will be corrected at OSO when my editor comes in tomorrow. Cheers!
No problem, if you ever get down this way for a run and need a ride come on!! Btw member Mama Tryed on here was the heart and soul of the runs we use to have here and I just wanted to give him a big shout out to a lot of great memories! Looking forward to another run here!!
Old 01-31-2017, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Count me in for the run if they are able to pull it off I've done the Cumberland Thunder run and it's a good event but I would love to see a poker run back on Kentucky Lake. I was just getting back into boating when the last KY Lake poker run was held, Kuttawa is a great marina and has the space. Eddie Creek Marina could be added in as a stop on Barkley before heading back through the canal for the long run to breakers. Only tight spot might be getting a lot of boats safely through the canal hopefully they would put a speed limit on that short section and get everyone through safely.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

I think about 100 boats, 3 wide through the canal at 100mph would be perfect. count me in.

Last edited by snapmorgan; 02-01-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 504 Likes on 236 Posts

I'm all in for this run on Ky & Barkley Lakes!! We've got plenty of people around Ky & Barkley Lakes that would come out for this run. Now I've gotta get Jim Diesel over to help with my winter projects to get ready for boating season.....
Old 02-01-2017, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

From what I understand this was the only date that they could get everyone available that was putting this poker run on. They have acknowledged the schedule conflict and are sticking with it. They said next year they will plan for a different date. Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake are great and I cannot wait for this, just make sure to stay in the channel on the Barkley side!
Old 02-01-2017, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So glad to see that we are going to have a run on the lakes again! Been telling Jim Diesel we need to get it started again for the last 2 years.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:56 PM
ben
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

I will definitely try to make this poker run, a 4 hour drive is a lot easier for me than 8hrs to Cumberland.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.