Notices

Vessel View 502 upfit

Old 06-17-2017, 10:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Vv502

I did not connect the tabs as I do not have electronic sending units on the tabs. Our boat has Livorsi mechanical indicators on the dash which work fine. The trim sensors connected to the VV502 during the set up process. You might reach out to Kim at Mercruiser customer support, 920-929-5040. He has become very familiar on set up and operation of the VV system since several of us have begun asking important questions. He is taking an active interest in offering solutions. His work day starts at 730am monday thru friday.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 830 Likes on 350 Posts

Yea I've talked to Kim several times. Seems I have the issue that stumping everyone, par for the course.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Looking into the VV502 I do not think VV702 will fit in my dash due to the mechanical gauge placements. I am just looking for engine info and GPS, does the VV502 offer that? A bonus would be if I switched to a Fusion head unit the VV502 would connect that also?
Attached Thumbnails Vessel View 502 upfit-20170125_161215-1-.jpg  
Old 02-12-2018, 09:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Barrydet
All:

The engine room to helm connections remain the same. Your new VV will attach to the existing connection at the helm after you remove the system view display. The dash panel opening for the old system view display is larger than the required VV 502 opening. I purchased my kit from Offshore performance of Fort Myers, Fla. They are marketing a lexan mounting bezel that will cover the system view opening and hold the VV502 display unit. Look at the photos I posted earlier and you can see the lexan bezel. It is way overpriced, IMO, but what 'cha gonna' do? I was not in a position to make an adapter bezel myself. Once you have the VV installed and linked to a NEAMA 2000 backbone you can link your components together using NEAMA connections.
I went on Offshore Performance's website and did not see anything about a product offering for the VV to SystemView adapter bezel. Did you find who the manufacturer of the bezel is?
Old 02-12-2018, 09:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default bezel from Offshore Performance, Fort Meyers, Fl.

The system view to vessel view lexan bezel is made in house at their shop. It was not listed on the website. As you talk with the shop, ask for the availability of the bezel. I believe they fabricate them as needed by their customers. I recall the cost was about $100.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Vessel view functions

The VV 502 and VV702 both display standard smart craft data from your engine(s) as well as GPS and mapping data.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 830 Likes on 350 Posts

[QUOTE=VoodooRob;4609779]Looking into the VV502 I do not think VV702 will fit in my dash due to the mechanical gauge placements. I am just looking for engine info and GPS, does the VV502 offer that? A bonus would be if I switched to a Fusion head unit the VV502 would connect that also?[/QUOTE

I believe the VV502 will give you everything but I’d call mercury to get confirmation on the chart plotter/navigation. The new Vessel views are rebranded simrads. I bought a simrad go9 and then the vessel view link kitbecause it was cheaper and because at that time mercury didn’t offer the VV903.

If you connect your fusion to the nmea “backbone” or network you will get the stereo data on the vessel view/simrad display. I have mine connected but don’t control through the display much because I have a fusion remote just below the display which is still easier to push and button or adjust volume.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

[QUOTE=IGetWet;4609793]
Originally Posted by VoodooRob
Looking into the VV502 I do not think VV702 will fit in my dash due to the mechanical gauge placements. I am just looking for engine info and GPS, does the VV502 offer that? A bonus would be if I switched to a Fusion head unit the VV502 would connect that also?[/QUOTE

I believe the VV502 will give you everything but I’d call mercury to get confirmation on the chart plotter/navigation. The new Vessel views are rebranded simrads. I bought a simrad go9 and then the vessel view link kitbecause it was cheaper and because at that time mercury didn’t offer the VV903.

If you connect your fusion to the nmea “backbone” or network you will get the stereo data on the vessel view/simrad display. I have mine connected but don’t control through the display much because I have a fusion remote just below the display which is still easier to push and button or adjust volume.
Great information. Unfortunately with my dash layout VV502 or the Simrad GO5 are what I have to work with. I saw your early connection issues and I was hoping with the Simrad being less expensive, hookup was now a non issue. I just want a basic GPS and be able to monitor the engines, hooking up to a new head unit is a plus so nice to know it can do it.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

[QUOTE=IGetWet;4609793]
Originally Posted by VoodooRob
Looking into the VV502 I do not think VV702 will fit in my dash due to the mechanical gauge placements. I am just looking for engine info and GPS, does the VV502 offer that? A bonus would be if I switched to a Fusion head unit the VV502 would connect that also?[/QUOTE

So far research says Simrad is a little easier on the wallet than the VV and systems are near identical. The Simrad can be packaged with different map pkgs, lowest cost is with C-Map and most expensive is Navionics +, for what I need it do the C-Map would be fine but will get a demo at Miami Boat Show to make sure. What would the advantage be of buying VV over Simrad?
Old 02-26-2018, 12:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Ordered a Simrad G05 XSE without the transducer and a NMEA starter kit. Next step is to contact Offshore Performance for a bezel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.