Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   cigarette or apache? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34449-cigarette-apache.html)

Brad 01-10-2003 02:07 PM

Originally posted by Tonto
Brad
I agree that when running hard having some help keeping an eye on the critical stuff. It is alot easier to place the gauges for two people to monitor when you have a center-steer boat. Mine was set up for a throttle person on the left, center steer, nav/fuel management on right. The throttle person also helps me monitor the gauges and read the water. I was/am not trying to put anyones boat or dash down, just giving my $0.02 worth. And hey with the cockpit like your boat, you get all the chicks :D , remember Savannah!
Robert

Brad, BTW, are ya'll going to Savannah for St. Patty's day?

Robert,
I spoke wiht Russ earlier this week and may try to make it. I'm going with Stu to Hawks Cay next week.

Tonto 01-10-2003 02:12 PM

Brad

Better take your fleece lined panties on that one. I think this cold front is going all the way south. I'm leaving for Daytona on Sun. 12th to go to Marine Performance. I hope to be coming home on Wed., maybe I'll see ya'll on the road :D . Hope ya'll can make the Savannah trip.

Stinson

The wat APACHE originally did my boat was to put the gauges for the forward engine on teh top row and the rear on the bottom row so you can glance a nd know which engine you're looking at.

Robert

Brad 01-10-2003 02:14 PM

Originally posted by Roger 1
Also, what year Cigarette and What year Apache? I agree that the Apache could stand a cosmetic upgrade but the layout is more functional.
This is the only picture I have of an Apache, but the 2002 36 I have seen looks the same.

Quiet Storm 01-10-2003 02:30 PM

Hey Jack

Is your post #65 the dash of my boat?:D

Roger

Tonto 01-10-2003 02:35 PM

Quiet Storm

That is the dash out of a 36 that is here in Ga. on Lake Lanier named "AIRTIME"

Robert

Roger 1 01-10-2003 02:39 PM

Roger;
It must be yours I don`t think he has a picture of mine. This is starting to confuse me..........Roger 1

Quiet Storm 01-10-2003 02:48 PM

Tonto

Its too bad its not mine. I'd be proud to own a dash like that.

Roger

Do you think we could start miss spelling your name again(Rodger)? I'm having a hard time with this too.

Roger

DEVIL MAN 01-10-2003 05:07 PM

Once again Stinson....you are always talking out of turn or something you have absolutely no knowlege about. Read my lips...I have absolutely never in my life blown up a #6 drive....period, end of story. Sorry to bust your bubble....I am really glad you are wrong on that accusation....as for your mechanical problems....well, what else can I say except it is a good thing you are a master mechanic!!!!! Don't push me Stinson or we will get into some serious wrestling trivia...and no cheating by looking up the answers on the net!!!!!!

DMan....and the D is for the Magnificent Don Marocco!!!!!!

Nykamp 01-12-2003 09:04 AM

APACHE

I like many things about the 36 APACHE over the cafe or top gun. I looked long and hard at both, they all are nice boats. I am 6'4 and 255 so the apache has more freeboard and a much bigger head. Tighter cockpit for hard running in big seas,and very few of these boats were built around 100 in the world. Just wanted something a little more rare and something that BOBBY BUILT.

ShipWrecked 01-12-2003 10:11 AM

I beleive the "exclusivity" is a good thing and helps to keep the resale higher. Personally, I don't think the person who is looking for an Apache could care less about the "so-called" confusion of who made them, they just know they want one. Actually, over the past decade, Cigarette has been bankrupted and changed hands many times. I would be curious to see some statistics on resale of the two, my bet is the Apache brings a higher dollar. After all, my guess is that the popularity of the Apaches in the 80' and 90's helped keep Cigarette alive!