Performance Boat Center Taking On 35 Doug Wright RT Pleasure Cats >

Performance Boat Center Taking On 35 Doug Wright RT Pleasure Cats

Notices

Performance Boat Center Taking On 35 Doug Wright RT Pleasure Cats

Old 02-14-2017, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ktron
Putting the cost aside they are BOTH great boats. As far as the 30-36' cats using the new 4-stroke outboards, the only thing the Skater has over the DW is cockpit size in my view. The DW has more put into the design from a function standpoint. They both use great materials and have great processes. The DW is lighter but by no means a "potato chip". They are built super rugged. DW can build a 6 man cockpit 35RT if someone really wants one but it's not their design philosyphy. The new 35 has a 10' 6" beam and full 35' length not including the wing between the outboards. This is not going to be a small boat. The new design also has a LOT of updates to the bottom and tunnel. DW is defintely not behind ANYONE as far as building boats. Their technology, experience and constant analyzing and improving has them at the forefront.

Like I said both great boats, just my .02
Oh don't get me wrong- the DW is awesome in every way. I was talking simply on an economic and price standpoint.

PS- your boat is one of my all time favorites. It's off the charts!!
Old 02-14-2017, 04:39 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

DW has Beyond proven itself In racing along with the other high end cats. Nothing to take away from any of them. All are great and expensive. Let's let give it a chance after all all the ones being talked about are not in my price range lol.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

The funny thing is when they try and justify the price by over the top paint and rigging.

The pricing strategy is very simple...."how much is the skater?"....yeah that sounds good. And that would provide a very very handsome ROI.

After all why build 4 @ 250 when you can build one at 450 and make the same if not more. No one ever said they were stupid
Old 02-14-2017, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 554 Likes on 337 Posts

I think that all of these new hull builds came as a result of the 400R from MotherMerc

Every major cat builder has jumped into the bandwagon of build big to handle these beautiful powerful motors.

Last edited by noli; 02-14-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree. It costs the same to rig a twin engine 400r anything boat. Having rigged cats they are actually easy to work on. Other than the paint/interior. Rigging is much easier. Built in Steering rams/ steering plates already installed and just one engine harness. No throttle/shift cables to adjust and now a simple LCD display. All plug in play. I realize they need to recoup expenses for design and devolpment but heck not in a few sales!!!!!
Problem for the industry is and continues to be is that there are no boats that are affordable for most people to bring younger blood into the sport.
I think that it is very important to high performance boating.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

was it skater that thought about bringing back the 21 single as "entry level" performance boating??? obviously that didn't com about but where were they on price I wonder????
Old 02-15-2017, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 554 Likes on 337 Posts

I read somewhere that Pete actually had a plan to bring back the Skater 24. But when the power of choice had no warranty coverage, he quickly abandoned the idea. Luckily there are other builders who are trying to resurrect the 21 and 24 cats and would be a great way for "young blood" , as Ron indicated, to enter the "affordable" performance cat market.

I can get turnkey prices if anyone is interested.