Notices

OSO Screen Saver

Old 10-14-2002, 11:37 AM
Tom
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installer issue?

strike,
Windows has its own installer built in so most installers just use the windows one to handle install/remove operations. Including it in the download just makes the download larger. Every now and then there is a system that it does not work on and it seems yours is one of them. Can you send details about what operating system you have, exactly what the installer tells you, how much hard drive space is free, etc.?

Lots of people have said they would send pictures, but so far only a couple have. We need more pictures if you all want to see your boats in the screen saver.

Tom
Old 10-14-2002, 11:53 AM
hoodlum

I've got one or two here I could send you. How do I do it?

Old 10-14-2002, 12:09 PM
Tom
Registered

You can send the images by using an ftp client, FTP Software (WS_FTP, CuteFTP)
http://www.ipswitch.com/ or http://www.cuteftp.com/products/cuteftp/index.shtml

go to ftp.batboats.com and use OSO (all capital letters) for both the user name and password. You will be able to upload files, but will not be able to see those that are there already.

If you cannot use ftp, you can send them as email attachments.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 10-14-2002, 01:47 PM
Registered

I loaded instmsia.exe and the program loaded. If I try to run it, it says I must change to 800x600 pics. Did that, the a window opened with a file named red. All I get on the preview is a black screen!
Old 10-14-2002, 08:20 PM
Tom
Registered

Strike,
I am impressed that you found a way to install the software. Am sorry it does not work now that it is in. It does take 800x600 minimum screen since the images would be too small for everyone else and there are not that many screens less than 800x600 any more. One guy had the same trouble (looking for red.cct) with the first version, but everybody who has installed the second one has had no problems. I guess as a boat owner you are used to problems huh

There has not been that many people sending in pictures to make it worth making though. I wil leave the installer up on my website at http://www.batboats.com and see how many download it or send pictures. Maybe some day we will have enough to make a project out of it. Then I will trouble shoot any problems with the install. The program itself runs fine since I sell a similar one commercially and it has no problems. The commercial one is at http://www.soulsoftware.com and has running waterfalls that are totally realistic. If enough people would have sent images the next version would have had boat videos on it!

Tom
Old 10-14-2002, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, I give up.....I think I'm gonna have to wake up my 10 year old to walk me thru this stuff Guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks
Old 10-15-2002, 07:45 AM
Charter Member #590
Charter Member

I find it hard to believe that there was not enough folks who would want a performance boating screensaver. Come on guys, send Tom some pics. Where else are ya gonna get a FREE
Old 10-15-2002, 07:45 AM
Charter Member #590
Charter Member

I find it hard to believe that there was not enough folks who would want a performance boating screensaver. Come on guys, send Tom some pics. Where else are ya gonna get a FREE screensaver of your favorite pasttime? It seems there is always someone asking for boating-related wallpaper, I thought there would be similar interest in a screensaver too.