Like Tree0Likes

Loto this Thursday and Friday Night

Old 10-11-2002, 10:16 AM
Registered

Audiofn,
You havn't really lived till you've turkey bowled in Eldon.
And you don't want to miss the quilts or demolition derby.
From the LSL:
Turkey bowling and more at Eldon festival

By Joyce L. Miller

ELDON - Turkey bowling, the gobble trot and the gobble wabble are among the activities in store for those who make the trek to Eldon this weekend. The annual festival celebrates Miller County's role as a perfect spot for wild turkey hunting, as well as being a national leader in the production of domestic turkey.

Sponsored by the Eldon Chamber of Commerce, 2002 marks the 17th year for the fall festival.

The day-long activities get underway on Saturday morning in downtown Eldon with a turkey trot, followed by the ever popular parade with more than 100 participants. The parade theme this year is "All American Turkey" and all eyes are on Tom the Turkey, the official mascot of the festival, to see if he survives the festivities.

Even after 17 years, frozen turkey bowling continues to draw large crowds of young and old alike who enjoy the challenge of seeing just how far they can roll a frozen turkey. If that doesn't sound like fun, there's plenty of other Turkey Festival activities to keep the family entertained for the entire day. One of the more popular displays is the Quilt Show where quilters show off their handiwork. There will also be an art display focusing on lake area artists and an Old Time Machinery Show.

The parade, complete with marching bands and floats, is set to begin promptly at 10 a.m.

Special events are planned throughout the day including games for the children, craft demonstrations and vendor booths. Walking, talking turkeys will be making the rounds to entertain the crowd.

The festival will culminate on Saturday evening with a demolition derby at the Miller County Fairgrounds.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:39 PM
Registered

My Boats: Still ain't got it...

Hmmm, turkey bowling, naked chicks, crab legs, chicken sandwiches, harbor hop, demo derby...God I love this town!!!!!!

I bucket of crab tops, probable chicken sandwhich...didn't get to meet Tanned Fat last time, so, look forward to seeing you!! Although I did give you directions on your cell! And yes, best crab on the Lake is Docknockers...

Lutz, why don't we take the supra???? Is there a pole in that boat too???

JJ, I'll be watching for a Jesse James flyby today, entertain us!!!!
(LakePort)

DLG and Miss Bonnie, haven't seen you forever!!! How's the Pantera????

And hey, the best Philly Chicken on the Lake is definitely at Docknockers...

As for the weather, great today and Saturday, 55 for a high on Sunday after a low in the 30's...what the hell happened to summer???

WM
Old 10-11-2002, 02:23 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1999 Mach1 290

Quote:
Originally posted by WaterMoose
...God I love this town!!!!!!
...and the best part - if some crazy a$$'d psycho sniper starts shooting around here, he'll find some 20,000 camo'd rednecks forgetting all about the deer and shootin' back!!!
Old 10-11-2002, 02:58 PM
Registered

My Boats: Still ain't got it...

Mach1!

WM
Old 10-11-2002, 03:20 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2015 MTI 48

Unfortunately, I guess I will not be able to be there and meet all of you guys (and gals, of course!)
Lake shores Marina has had my boat since the shootout weekend (fixing head gaskets and a few other issues) and apparently six or seven weeks isn't enough time to fix everything
So, I guess maybe I'll catch you all next summer....maybe I'll have that 38 Top Gun by then!!
Old 10-11-2002, 03:33 PM
apache77

My boat does not have mufflers so i do not think i should take it to loto, but where will everyone be so i can see the boats?
Attached Thumbnails
Loto this Thursday and Friday Night-big-spray-resize.jpg  

Old 10-13-2002, 10:29 PM
Registered

Default A good time was had by all

Im glad we all made it Friday night, Tanned Fat and the Britains crew (Christine I didnt lie about going to the lake, I just didnt know I was until Wednesday night) I SWEAR!!!!!

Shane what a big bummer about your drive. I hope you and the DLG's were able to make it home ok.

DLG and Bonnie, I enjoyed meeting your son Derek, he seemed like a pretty good kid. He kept me entertained watching him dismantle those sugar packs. LOL hammered, sliced, diced and ginsu knifed. Sam and Alex would get along well with him.

Shorty IM glad you and Dawn made it too

WM there were quite a few crab legs toasted in your honor. I hope your feeling better. NOW get out there and SELL something.

We definitely need to keep in touch for the Martini Dinner.

Docknockers needs an elevator. Those stairs almost killed me friggin knees are pretty wobbly still.
Old 10-14-2002, 09:52 AM
DLG

Hey Kevin you’re right, that was a great time. (Although not the same without Amy and the kids.)
It was good seeing Tan Fat and Shorty again, and meeting the Britains crew.

W-Moose, I was looking forward to seeing you, sorry you couldn’t make it.

Shane, thanks again for the ride, (bummer about the drive) since I didn’t hear from you on Saturday I presume you got it to CPR okay.

We’re looking forward to the Martini Dinner, just say when.

Apache77, now’s a good time to run your rig on LOTO,,, no Water Cops!

Old 10-14-2002, 10:11 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1999 Mach1 290

Hey all, Friday night was fun. Good seeing everybody again.

Harbor hop was a dud though. We hit the Toad after Docknocker's broke up Friday night so Mrs Mach1 was moving kinda slow the next morning So I figured I'd go down and get the boat cleaned up while she was coming back to life. Then we headed over to Shooters which looked closed and it just started raining. (chalk one up for boats with windshields, no helmut necessary Jesse ) We blasted back to the slip, which was a pretty fun ride, but that was about it for boating saturday.

Sunday was gorgeous. Burned up a tank of gas blasting around. Me and and all other 12 boats on the lake. But it was fun. Figure between the rain and the low number of boats my odds of winning can't be too bad.

Filled the tank back up, put the baby back on the lift. Figured I best stabalize the fuel and drain the block in case I don't get down for a while. A sad ending to a great day
Old 10-14-2002, 01:55 PM
Registered

My Boats: Baja 270

Had fun seeing ya'll again....and the crab kicked butt!! Shorty we hopped all day Saturday till around 4:30 or 5:00....wasn't too bad. Oh yeah Shooters has been closed about 3 weeks. The Harbor Hop people were thinking that lake wide they had a couple of thousand participants. Damn that's more than everyone at the Havasu Fall Heatwave!! (no surprise)

DLG and Bonnie, that sucks you couldn't get the boat off the lift.

Kevin get that stick better will ya?

SS...any luck finding a drive?

SOB...we were at lake shores......which boat is yours? Is it an advantage?