Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bars/Restaurants With Docks Around Clearwater, FL? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/345775-bars-restaurants-docks-around-clearwater-fl.html)

luke81 03-28-2017 03:06 PM

We tend to boat inside of the bay most of the time so we're frequent visitors to The Getaway and Hula Bay. If you want to run up into Tampa you can dock at the convention center and they have a couple bar/restaurants there. Next to Amalie Arena is a small dock and there's a Columbia at the Tampa History Center. The fact that Channelside doesn't have any docking is amazingly stupid to me. Also allll the way at the top of the bay is Whiskey Joe's and Beach (used to he Hogan's Beach).

Nate5.0 03-28-2017 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by luke81 (Post 4541578)
. Also allll the way at the top of the bay is Whiskey Joe's and Beach (used to he Hogan's Beach).

If you go here make sure and what your depth lots of very shallow area here. Seen a few people beach it and one O/B cat stuff if on a sand bar at about 60mph

Papasmurf 03-28-2017 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Nate5.0 (Post 4541504)
Not a lot.....in pinellas you have...

The pub - Clearwater
Gators -Madeira Beach
Jimmy iguana (holiday in) - Indian Rocks
Marker 8 - Dunedin
Salt rock (fancy) - Indian Rocks
Island way grill (fancy) - Clearwater
Bones Appiete (fancy) - Dunedin
Captian Jack's - Tarpon
Ozone blue. - Ozona

Gators is the closest you find to anything like you mentioned up north but the current for docking is insane

In tampa you have

The getaway (next year one opens in St.Pete) - St. Pete off gandy bridge
Jackson's - Downtown Tampa
Hula bay - Tampa side off Gandy bridge
Ricks on the River - Up the Hillsborough river a ways

Pasco they have Hooters dockside too just north of Tarpon.

Not a ton more. Defiantly don't expect to see a lot of dock space at any (usually small doing area) and there prob won't be any other power boats either 9/10 times.

There is a Getaways in St Pete now.............Just had lunch and supper there Friday and Sunday. Maybe 10 to 12 CCs docked there.
Great service, food, drinks, and people watching. Bikinis or sun dresses it didnt seem to matter.

Nate5.0 03-28-2017 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Papasmurf (Post 4541584)
There is a Getaways in St Pete now.............Just had lunch and supper there Friday and Sunday. Maybe 10 to 12 CCs docked there.
Great service, food, drinks, and people watching. Bikinis or sun dresses it didnt seem to matter.

It's on the list....it is Tampa/St. Pete on the Gandy. Most locals wouldn't call that "St. Pete". That has been open a few years now and has been an FPC stop for the Tampa/St.Pete run.

They are building a new one in St. Pete near the beach (where most locals think of St. Pete) that is near the skyway. Should be done late this year.

NitroSun 03-28-2017 04:19 PM

Nepa Hut in south St. Pete

Island Grille and Raw Bar in Tierra Verde

Hotel Zamora in St. Pete Beach

Sea Critters in SPB. Next to the Wharf

I'm sure I'll come up with a couple more later.

CLASSIC MUSCLE 03-28-2017 04:57 PM

Thanks for all the extremely helpful replies guys, this gives me some direction. This forum never lets me down!

Nate5.0 03-28-2017 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by NitroSun (Post 4541599)
Nepa Hut in south St. Pete

Island Grille and Raw Bar in Tierra Verde

Hotel Zamora in St. Pete Beach

Sea Critters in SPB. Next to the Wharf

I'm sure I'll come up with a couple more later.

Zamora is awesome and they have a dick shaped pool

Biff 03-28-2017 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Nate5.0 (Post 4541636)
Zamora is awesome and they have a dick shaped pool

That is hillarious!

risco 03-28-2017 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
if you ever make it up the anclote river stop by miss vickys first marina on the right. a group of us in little go fast boats (stvs, allisons, skaters) do Frenchy run about once a month from anclote hopefully my 24 skater will be done this weekend summertime is here. [ATTACH=CONFIG]565921[/ATTACH]

Powerquest230 03-28-2017 08:30 PM

Ms Vickie's on Anclote in Tarpon but only room for about 8 boats

Frenchie's Saltwater Cafe on CLW Beach has nice docks.

Just north of Sand Pearl are free public docks that are very close to Rockway Grill and Palm Pavilion.

Dunedin Marina has slips and just a short walk to Casa Tina, Dunedin Brewery, and a handful of restaurants and pubs.

Cotee River has Hooters (crappy docks), Catches, and Rum something that is owned by Capt Jacks on Anclote River.

For the Leah Remini fans you can dock at the City of Clearwater downtown docks and go see the Mother Ship.