Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bars/Restaurants With Docks Around Clearwater, FL? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/345775-bars-restaurants-docks-around-clearwater-fl.html)

CLASSIC MUSCLE 03-28-2017 10:53 AM

Bars/Restaurants With Docks Around Clearwater, FL?

Hey guys, I just started boating in the Clearwater area and am somewhat shocked by the lack of places to dock up and have lunch or dinner? I found the Island Way Grill, but they are rarely open during the day. Coming from places like Lake Norman in NC, and LOTO, I can't believe there's not more waterside restaurants. There's a bunch of hotels with beaches and bars, but not much you can do there with a boat! Thanks in advance, maybe I just haven't found the right places yet. I put in around Tarpon Springs and go south.

Nate5.0 03-28-2017 11:17 AM

Not a lot.....in pinellas you have...

The pub - Clearwater
Gators -Madeira Beach
Jimmy iguana (holiday in) - Indian Rocks
Marker 8 - Dunedin
Salt rock (fancy) - Indian Rocks
Island way grill (fancy) - Clearwater
Bones Appiete (fancy) - Dunedin
Captian Jack's - Tarpon
Ozone blue. - Ozona

Gators is the closest you find to anything like you mentioned up north but the current for docking is insane

In tampa you have

The getaway (next year one opens in St.Pete) - St. Pete off gandy bridge
Jackson's - Downtown Tampa
Hula bay - Tampa side off Gandy bridge
Ricks on the River - Up the Hillsborough river a ways

Pasco they have Hooters dockside too just north of Tarpon.

Not a ton more. Defiantly don't expect to see a lot of dock space at any (usually small doing area) and there prob won't be any other power boats either 9/10 times.

Knot 4 Me 03-28-2017 12:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I think I saw one CC parked at Gators this past November. I did see a new Grady pull up to Pier House and come up to the Crow's Nest.

Nate5.0 03-28-2017 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me (Post 4541527)
I think I saw one CC parked at Gators this past November. I did see a new Grady pull up to Pier House and come up to the Crow's Nest.

Gators gets a good evening crowd when everyone is coming in mainly for the day. Crows nest usually gets no one by boat which blows cause it is such a good spot but there is almost no public docking right there.

Texas Pete 03-28-2017 12:18 PM

Circles in Apollo Beach is good.

Nate5.0 03-28-2017 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Pete (Post 4541536)
Circles in Apollo Beach is good.

VERY VERY far from Tarpon Springs

Texas Pete 03-28-2017 12:42 PM

Just a boat ride away.

Nate5.0 03-28-2017 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Pete (Post 4541542)
Just a boat ride away.

Over an hour of straight boating at speed in the gulf to get there from Tarpon if not more like 1.5hr - 2hr without stop.

The place is neat...but not that neat lol.

hogie roll 03-28-2017 01:19 PM

Clearwater is bit light on docks.

I start out way south of you, but in order of frequency I go to:
The wharf pass a grill
Gators
Salt rock
Island grill
The getaway
Gulfport
Frescos, hops and props
Woodys river roo

Awesome place to boat. Tons of destinations and directions to go. The FL west coast is the best boating in the country or close!

Nate, forgot to hit you up last time I was down. It was cold though. You have a boat now?

Nate5.0 03-28-2017 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by hogie roll (Post 4541554)
Clearwater is bit light on docks.

I start out way south of you, but in order of frequency I go to:
The wharf pass a grill
Gators
Salt rock
Island grill
The getaway
Gulfport
Frescos, hops and props
Woodys river roo

Awesome place to boat. Tons of destinations and directions to go. The FL west coast is the best boating in the country or close!

Nate, forgot to hit you up last time I was down. It was cold though. You have a boat now?

We have always had one, just not a go fast anything. Have a Pathfinder bay boat CC for the time.

I forgot about Frescos and the Wharf....both good places. Let me know when your around next time. We are always near the Gators area.