Notices

Midwest Boating Season

Old 04-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The marina season here in Cincinnati is May 1 through October 31. I probably won't be out till mid May. The river is always high and dirty in the spring and there is a good chance of hitting debris and damaging something.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:34 AM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

We have a really nice marina on the Illinois River about 30 minutes from our house. We tried to boat there last Fall and our starter crapped out at the launch area. We're going to try it again this year. Good to know to wait a while for the debris to sort itself out, thanks.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SecondWind
Just curious on when everyone starts their boating season in the Midwest. We floated the boat yesterday and had some fun. A ski hat was necessary but fun nevertheless.
Did you happen across the twin turbo LS eliminator while you were out on Clinton?
Old 04-04-2017, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by SecondWind
We have a really nice marina on the Illinois River about 30 minutes from our house. We tried to boat there last Fall and our starter crapped out at the launch area. We're going to try it again this year. Good to know to wait a while for the debris to sort itself out, thanks.
Rob, good site to check river stages at various reporting stations. The best boating is when the river has been at normal stage for some time. If we've had rain, if the river is on the way up it is usually OK up to a point. Once the river has crested and is coming back down after a bunch of rain is when you can run into a lot of junk that's being pulled off the banks. I've boated many times when the river is up far enough to where the wickets are down at Peoria and LaGrange. You just have to time it right.
http://water.weather.gov//ahps2/index.php?wfo=ilx

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 04-04-2017 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

We had plans on making it out on Shelbyville last Sunday but the lake is still a lil low..... need some rain!
Old 04-04-2017, 12:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
Did you happen across the twin turbo LS eliminator while you were out on Clinton?
Yes it was going out when we were headed in. We thought it sounded funny and informed them the exhaust was dry. They informed us it is suppose to be like that! The sound of the small block was different enough I that something was wrong. I felt like Frank Drebin from the police squad, cool boat though.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Always the first of April unless it's snowing out. Was a bit chilly washing down boat Friday in the mid-forties!
Old 04-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

Just got a couple of things left to do before she's sea worthy... We try to be out sometime mid may around here. Absence really makes the heart grow fonder. The whole family has the itch pretty bad. We might only be able to go boating for 4-5mo but it sure is sweet for during that time.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nauti Hoff
Always the first of April unless it's snowing out. Was a bit chilly washing down boat Friday in the mid-forties!
Where do you normally boat in April?
Old 04-05-2017, 07:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Mid May. Illinois River

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.