Notices

Thinking of moving from TNT to the new Haulover marina need input

Old 04-06-2017, 04:20 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad
Update.
I got a call from JT today and I explained my issues and he is aware and working to fix them.
He responded not because of my complaints to his staff or asking them to escalate the issue but because some from OSO sent him this post. He gave me his personal contact info and asked that I contact him moving forward.

I appreciate the feedback.
IMO, that response alone is a good reason to stay at TNT and try and resolve any issues.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
IMO, that response alone is a good reason to stay at TNT and try and resolve any issues.
Agreed
Old 04-06-2017, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

J.T. and his staff did a lot of mechanical work on our 38 Cig F-2 in the past.
And i must say they treated us great! Great service and very fair prices.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Things took an interesting twist at the end of the day. After speaking with JT and him telling me to deal directly with him moving forward, I got an e-mail berating me from the office manager for not working with her, I responded in a firm manner and then received an e-mail from the office manager telling me that "TNT is no longer able to provide storage to my boat". I called and asked to speak to JT about this and he would not return my call.

I know most of you are big fans of JT and I always cheer him on myself and I recognize he is the Top Gun on offshore. I do not agree with his business practices and hold no ill well.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:46 AM
Registered
VIP Member

My boat was Stored at Haulover Marine Center during Miami Boat Show week and my experience was just awesome. The facility is incredible and they accommodated me to all my needs. After a week of being there the price I felt was a great deal. My contact was Capt Rick Van Lenten his cell is 954-997-6590 go on a tour. Best of Luck.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:57 AM
Registered

+ 1 for Rick he gave his card and said to call an hour ahead so he can pull my boat out and launch.
The new system from what i hear is you must be on site prior to launch. Too many people called and said they were coming down and never showed for hours . They have limited space so they cant tie up docks all day waiting. Im ok w that .
Old 04-08-2017, 10:59 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad
Things took an interesting twist at the end of the day. After speaking with JT and him telling me to deal directly with him moving forward, I got an e-mail berating me from the office manager for not working with her, I responded in a firm manner and then received an e-mail from the office manager telling me that "TNT is no longer able to provide storage to my boat". I called and asked to speak to JT about this and he would not return my call.

I know most of you are big fans of JT and I always cheer him on myself and I recognize he is the Top Gun on offshore. I do not agree with his business practices and hold no ill well.
And?
Old 04-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Probably due to your original post you were asked to leave. You washed your laundry in public, he obviously decided the conflict was best resolved the way it went.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I run my Business out of two semi- upscale (not craphole) Marina/Dry Storage facilities.They run at full capacity and always have a waiting list for future tenants.
You would be surprised to hear the conversations by office personnel that lead up to getting "The Letter". They rate it on the amount of "labor"(physical and mental) you and your boat require,not on the size of the TIP the Dockmaster , forklift driver, and everybody else with their hand out receives. The Owner of one facility actually checks the logs if he see's a boat going in more than HE thinks is appropriate , ( It may be less than on contract , but more than he is happy with).
Service and fuel are not as important as one would think. A happy Marina is one with full racks , payments on time , and boats never go in the water. Unfortunately , most places will greet you with a Huge smile , tell you how nice your Boat and Family are , then talk about what an A-Hole you are when you leave...
Old 04-08-2017, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

My boat was removed from a outdoor storage rack at Beacon Cove on Lake St Clair and placed on my trailer. I asked what was going on. There reply was my boat is to heavy and resulted in the chains on the fork lift breaking. Later that day a longer and heavier boat was in that rack, loaded by the fork lift my boat broke. I was in that rack four years. Never could figure out what happened other then the boat owner was a friend or handed over some cash.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.