Old 04-10-2017, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pirates on Lanier

Anyone doing that run this year?
Old 04-10-2017, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We ran last year and plan to run this year. Good times.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:42 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 24 Posts

After 3 years of attendance, I decided to attend the Thousand Island Charity Run on the St Lawrence this weekend instead.

My question is that since John Woodruff is no longer involved and there is a charity event on Lake Cumberland the same weekend for the 4 people that died last year and this event is now called a "family" poker run, what will be different? I assume many of the high performance folks from the south will head to Cumberland instead, but I do not know for certain.

Is this now a pontoon event or a real poker run? I wish the organizers the best and hope they raise tons of money for the children, but personally Ive been a bit confused by all the turmoil and since it is a very long haul for me, I decided to pass until I have visibility into what it will be. If I get great reports on this year, I will attend next year.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Apexwarrior

My question is that since John Woodruff is no longer involved and there is a charity event on Lake Cumberland the same weekend for the 4 people that died last year and this event is now called a "family" poker run, what will be different? I assume many of the high performance folks from the south will head to Cumberland instead, but I do not know for certain.

I know a LOT of people I know from here in FL are going to Honor their lost friend in Cumberland this year and pass on Lanier.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, what a turn. So is this a campaign post?
Old 04-11-2017, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I've heard of many that are going to Cumberland.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:45 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

It's a shame but I believe the event will be very different than in the past.

This is NOT due to the accident but due to the changes in the presenting organization and the style of event the remaining members want to host. I wish them well, and I hope they raise a lot of money, but we will not be attending under the new format.

I will watch the changes and maybe we will reevaluate next year.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last year was our first year, we had a great time. We just got into the poker run community about a year ago and coming from Miami, we rented a lakehouse with a dock and really enjoyed the freshwater, not having to trailer the boat, flush engines, and really lose 3hrs of our life every time we used it. We'll be attending again this year, renting another lakehouse for the week leading up to the Poker Run. I guess we'll see how it goes this year as compared to last year. Either way, the lake is fun and we'll be making the most of it. Just hope that water level rises because right now she's 8' lower than normal.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep an eye on the lake level. We are off to a really bad start this year at 8.5ft down. There are some bad spots right now on the lake
Old 04-12-2017, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

You are so right, we do not know what it is going to be like. Because we live on the lake we will participate and give everyone an update as to how it has changed and if it's worth the trip.
Originally Posted by Apexwarrior
After 3 years of attendance, I decided to attend the Thousand Island Charity Run on the St Lawrence this weekend instead.

Is this now a pontoon event or a real poker run? I wish the organizers the best and hope they raise tons of money for the children, but personally Ive been a bit confused by all the turmoil and since it is a very long haul for me, I decided to pass until I have visibility into what it will be. If I get great reports on this year, I will attend next year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.