Formula 382 Drive/ Ext Box Help Needed >

Formula 382 Drive/ Ext Box Help Needed

Notices

Formula 382 Drive/ Ext Box Help Needed

Old 04-17-2017, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
How are arnesons around the dock? I plan to use this boat for more than just poker runs/ fun runs and want it to be easy to drive/ maneuver.

We also have a Donzi 22 Blackhawk limited edition and the BH surface drive is a PITA around the docks and trying to idle. I know they are completely different, but that is the only experience I have with a surface drive setup. The boat is fun and fast, but not so much when just idling around. We do a lot of Chicago trips and enjoy going up and down the river.

My boat maneuvers and docks the same or a little better than when i had the bravos having transmissions makes going in and out of gear a lot less difficult
Old 04-17-2017, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

How are arnesons around the dock? I plan to use this boat for more than just poker runs/ fun runs and want it to be easy to drive/ maneuver.

We also have a Donzi 22 Blackhawk limited edition and the BH surface drive is a PITA around the docks and trying to idle. I know they are completely different, but that is the only experience I have with a surface drive setup. The boat is fun and fast, but not so much when just idling around. We do a lot of Chicago trips and enjoy going up and down the river.
No concerns, just different, those skegs do the job. When I go to PIB, I always back in and sometimes, I'm next to a big cruiser, which offers little room for error.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm also worried that since we use it for raft ups/ partying the arnesons will stick too far out and really inconvenience the use of the swim platform/ ladder
Old 04-19-2017, 10:08 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm also worried that since we use it for raft ups/ partying the arnesons will stick too far out and really inconvenience the use of the swim platform/ ladder
This is the exact scenario why we make a propeller guard. This prevents one from being able to fall onto the propeller.

Also we are only 4" longer than the setup of your Bravo on a stand off box. The Arnesons do not interfere with the use of the swim platform as the length is negligible and the prop guard protects you and your family from falling upon the propeller.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

how trashed are the stellings extension boxes ?
can i get some pics ?
are they in florida ?
pm'd you email & phone, so whatever is easiest to send pics.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by outonsafari
how trashed are the stellings extension boxes ?
can i get some pics ?
are they in florida ?
pm'd you email & phone, so whatever is easiest to send pics.
I dont see a PM. Email me: KevinT.ppm at gmail dot com