Notices

Best Rout To Marathon FL

Old 04-17-2017, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Best Rout To Marathon FL

Heading to Marathon with the boat later this week and looking for advise on the best rout south after Ocala east or west side? Thanks in advanced for the advise.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Esal
Heading to Marathon with the boat later this week and looking for advise on the best rout south after Ocala east or west side? Thanks in advanced for the advise.
Would think I-75 to the Turnpike would be the easiest.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree thats best way
Old 04-17-2017, 06:05 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Take the Fla Turnpike to the turnpike extension to the end in Florida city. Then straight down us1. WAAAAY easier than the 95 or 75 route.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:04 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Blue is Turnpike route and grey is 75.
Attached Thumbnails Best Rout To Marathon FL-ocala-marathon-map.jpg  
Old 04-17-2017, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Get a Sun Pass for the tolls on the turnpike if you don't have one already. Some of the lines at the toll plazas can be kinda long, and cash only. Also it gets exponentially more expensive the more axles you have lol. Figure $50 in tolls each way.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:44 PM
Registered

Turnpike has easy access to fuel stops as well, gas/diesel - plenty of room to pull in and fill up. I also find the Turnpike to have better highway conditions and less construction than 95. Get the SunPass before you make the trip, it'll save lots of time.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:23 AM
ben
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Someone told me you don't have to stop at the tool booths, that they take a picture of your license plate and send you a bill. If not that would explain why I've never got anything from them
We don't have toll roads in Missouri so I guess I'm pretty ignorant on the subject lol
Old 04-18-2017, 08:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ben
Someone told me you don't have to stop at the tool booths, that they take a picture of your license plate and send you a bill. If not that would explain why I've never got anything from them
We don't have toll roads in Missouri so I guess I'm pretty ignorant on the subject lol
That's only on a small part of the FL Turnpike (Toll By Plate). Down near Homestead.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by ben
So YOU ARE THE GUY! State has pics of your rig on billboards looking for you! The task force will zero in on Missouri now......

Toll by plate is a joke, if you do get the bill then they add a $2.95 handling fee even on a 50 cent toll. If you don't pay in 30 days they dump it off to a collection agency which only adds to the hassle/expense.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.