Best Value Based Performance Boats >

Best Value Based Performance Boats

Notices

Best Value Based Performance Boats

Old 05-22-2017, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 585 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Super cool boat and runs like a bigger boat in the rough.

This ----- take a look in the links below ------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQjK60nCCnQ

And this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhBXS9lldj0

long version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51g4wktW4zM

give them a call to work out exactly what you want.

www.laveycraft.com

contact # 951-273-9690 and ask for Chris.
I'm a millennial with an aversion to talking to people IRL. How much for a barebones evo or one I provide power and drive for?
Old 05-22-2017, 11:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,156 Likes on 492 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
I'm a millennial with an aversion to talking to people IRL. How much for a barebones evo or one I provide power and drive for?
This is a great opportunity for you to conquer your fears.
Step up and make the phone call.

I think online, the usual answer of 'semi custom build, too many variables, no such thing as standard' is a bit of a cop out but nearly all manufacturers will stick to it. They all want the chance to start high and then negotiate, it's tough times for boat manufacturers, I'd play along.

RR
Old 05-23-2017, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
By far this is the best deal currently for a brand new 2017 boat on the market. 25.2 ft overall length all custom gel cote hull and NO CHOPPER GUN construction.

[
Bup,

What is "chopper gun construction"?

Originally Posted by Baldie
I just seen the 340 MTI posted for sale with 400's and I think it was listed at $450k. No where near a bargain.
Doesn't need to be the rich are getting richer.

As far as the thread goes, was it not the OP's intention to discuss used boats? Also price range would have been a helpful add to the query. It seems most here paid 10's of thousands for their boat not 100's of thousands and above.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tractionless
Bup,

As far as the thread goes, was it not the OP's intention to discuss used boats? Also price range would have been a helpful add to the query. It seems most here paid 10's of thousands for their boat not 100's of thousands and above.
Using a chopper gun to lay out FRP or composite material is a very efficient way to to get the job done, However the strength per weight of finished product suffers compared to hand lay up with any of the various choices of woven fibre materials.

I think the OP was talking new boats, used boats it's often about timing, you need to have cash and be looking when someone wants out really bad, then you do really well.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to say it but seems the Checkmate brand boats are not holding much value - many 65-75mph 22-28ft boats can be purchased in the mid to high teens. Checkmates quality is overall good along with some relatively fast hulls in the size range compared to a Baja, Formula etc.

IMO one of the best "bang for the buck" used brands at the moment
Old 05-24-2017, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Few questions on the 28 Evo-R. How does it turn at speed? How does it run in the rough? What does it weigh with say a HP 525, last question how long to get one built? Thinking about building a good P-4 race boat.thx
Old 05-25-2017, 04:45 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Anybody?
Old 05-25-2017, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 248 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Tractionless
Bup,

Good points here Tractionless. The original post's intent was to get some opinions on a brand of performance boat that would be considered a good value (strong product for a reasonable price). I was thinking new but never made that clear. My examples were Baja and American Offshore. BUP and altamate nominated Laveycraft and Checkmate (both great examples in my opinion of value packed performance boats). Price range was not mentioned but to keep some legs on this thread let's say less than 100K. Comments have been made that value and performance boating don't coexist (fair point). Comments have also suggested outboards may be the answer (also fair point, with drastically reducing maintenance costs). Collectively as a group managing spending costs on this expensive hobby appears to be relevant by the number of posts on this thread. If we're looking for the best value on a used performance boat brand maybe the answer is a brand name that will most likely hold a value the longest (Cigarette, Formula, Skater to name a few).

Last edited by SecondWind; 05-25-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 94 Posts

The Doug Wright designed 28 built by Fat Cat is the best deal out there if someone is looking for a new boat that will run 120 with stock 300XS power. I have a group discount in place for the first 10 hulls and have a few slots left.

If anyone is interested, feel free to give me a call
Joe
386 527 1845
Old 05-26-2017, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
Originally Posted by Schiada 30
Few questions on the 28 Evo-R. How does it turn at speed? How does it run in the rough? What does it weigh with say a HP 525, last question how long to get one built? Thinking about building a good P-4 race boat.thx
Send me an email and I'll sort you out on all your questions.
Or give the shop a call, 951-273-9690

[email protected]