Notices

KAAMA's day on the water!!!!!

Old 10-12-2002, 08:14 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KAAMA's day on the water!!!!!

KAAMA,

He had a great day on the lake!!! Boat ran better than his expectations for a first water trial. Everything came together.
All you could see was chrome, braided lines , and custom paint on the engines!

Boat popped up on plane and kept going!! Once warmed up and checked out we cruised around at about 33 to 3500RPM. He eased it up to 4000 and the shoreline started going by quicker!

He gave it a little burst from 4000 to 4800 rpm and set me back in the seat and shoreline was nothin' but a blurrrr!!!!!

The noise from those Stellings sound like I had my ears next to 2 quarter mile drag cars!! What a RUSH!!!!

Being that my boats in Texas, this was definitely a TREAT!!!!

For those of you in his area, you gotta a check it out!!!

Just wanted to say thanks and congratulations on the boat running so well!!!

What a set of engines!!!! Work of ART!!!

LOUD as HELL!!!

What a rush!!!!

Thanks again!
Shawn

(when do I get paid for saying all this!!!)
Old 10-12-2002, 08:21 AM
Registered

Kaama it sounds like you made it all happen it ran well. Congrats bro.. I'll have to check it out sometime I am over on the west side

Travis
Old 10-12-2002, 08:36 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Kaama!!

Congrats to you Man!! Good work, running in spite of all the hassle..
Go run it till the white stuff falls and then wax it for next spring!!

Dick
Old 10-12-2002, 09:49 AM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

Come on Shawn,quit kissing up,It sounded more like a Yugo with one dead cylinder Plus you forgot to mention the one other thing
Just messin with ya Mark
CONGRATS,Sounded GREAT
Steve
32 Fever,where the hell did ya go?????
Old 10-12-2002, 12:57 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its about friggin time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was getting sick and tired for the past 2 years of hearing about all the bad things going wrong
Good job Mark......now ya aint got a hair on your ass if ya dont drag that thing down here this winter and race me
Congrats
We wont hear from him now for a while till the snow flies and he has to put it away
Dan
Old 10-12-2002, 07:59 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea!!!!!!!thats Great News!!!!!and like Dan said about Friggin time but well worth the wait right Mark???
Old 10-12-2002, 08:24 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ALRIGHT KAAMA!! glad to hear everything went well.

Had to be a great feeling. Too bad it's October and not June.
Old 10-12-2002, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Thumbs up Somebody pinch me...

Well. I just got home. Took the boat to St. Joe, met up with Shawn/29Scarab at the launch ramp. Turns out that Mark/32Fever shows up at the launch ramp and then about 5 minutes later Steve AKA Rampage shows up too! They both asked me; "Hey! What the heck are YOU doin' here?" of which I replied; "Well, can't a guy put his boat in the water and go for a test run it he wants?---I mean, it's only been a year!" Actually, I think they were more shocked to see MY boat in the water than I was!

Anyway, it was good to see them and it was one gorgeous day Friday! Lake Michigan was flatter than a board---it was sureal (spelling?) looking---almost like you could just step out of the boat and start walking on the water. Well, at first I just backed in the water far enough to submerge the props. Shawn helped me install the new water temp gauges---he's an electrical engineer so I just turned him loose anyway, we started the engines and began doing some systems checks. My main concerns at were water temp readings, water pressure readings, drives going IN/OUT of gear and leaks. After about a 1/2 hour, I finally got the courage up to actually launch the boat completely---boy, I must admit I had the JITTERS! After not having my boat in the water for a year and especially all that work, money, sweat, stress that went into this project I was actually afraid to put the boat in the water just to see if it even floated on its own---let alone go for a ride---can you believe that! I just wanted to sit there and look at it for a few minutes while it was still sitting on the trailer! Steve/Rampage said he was going to run south to Michigan City which is about 35 miles from St. Joe one way. I told him that if everything looks good that we'd run with him for part of the way. So we idled out to the pier heads and planed off I was really nevous but Shawn kept checking the engines---btw, we were running with the hatch off so we could just look back and see everything as I kept my eyes glued to the gauges. Everything was working out fine after we eased on plane and ran about 3300-3500rpm for about 2-3 minutes and then came off plane to check stuff again for a minute. Everything was looking good so off again we went. We hugged the shoreline as we headed south as Steve was on our right flank about 150 yards out. Right away I noticed that the engines were LOUDER. Perhaps it was because I didn't have the hatch on. Anyway, we ran down to just south of Cook Nuclear Plant and came off plane and Steve came over to talk for a minute. I told Steve that everything was looking good, but that I didn't want to venture too far from home yet. Besides, Shawn had to get back and I had a football game to go to as well, so we headed back North for home port. As we ran I did bump it up to about 4800rpm a couple times, but didn't want to take it any further because the gas I have in the tanks are about is about a year old so I didn't want to chance any detonation. She's definately has a little more throttle/trim yet, but my ears were ringing from the exhaust. I still have a few small issues to look after, but nothing near what I thought I'd have the first time out!

The Lord has been good to me and I have to thank Him first.

Shawn/29Scarab, thanks for coming and the help bro, especially the positive spirit you displayed.

Plus thanks to all the rest of you guys. SSherman/Jesse James, I can appreciate your posts.

As far as pictures go---well, as soon as the boat is cleaned up I would be happy to have pictures posted---perhaps DonziMitch will do the honors.
Old 10-12-2002, 09:29 PM
Registered

KAAMA, I can fully appreciate your apprehension about putting the boat in the water. Barb and I spent almost two years refitting the Searay and Waterfoul will attest to the fact that it was an empty hull/deck until two months before it finally hit the water in June of 2001. Congratulations to you from the Crazyhorses and Team Chaos.
Old 10-12-2002, 09:37 PM
Registered

congrats mark. glad everything went well

when ya gonna let me drive

Travis

Quick Reply: KAAMA's day on the water!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.