Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Yea, this blows!!!
Old 06-05-2017, 10:20 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,117 Likes on 1,403 Posts

As a heads up Mods or Administrators on this thread - a bot just broke in again.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...searchid=34124
Old 06-05-2017, 10:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
As a heads up Mods or Administrators on this thread - a bot just broke in again.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...searchid=34124
Earlier today I was having some difficulty getting around this site, I suspected my browser, shut it down, reopened, everything was OK.
If using Firefox you might try closing and reopening. :-)
Old 06-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My two cents....

I own a web development company, and know first hand that the need to update code and fix bugs wouldn't mean that the way the site looks and functions needs to suck. The two issues are totally separate, and it's easy to build a solid, functional interface that looks like it's the year 2017 while still modernizing the code and security on the back end.

But even though the new interface has a worse approval rating than STDs, I'll still support OSO because of what it means to the industry. As has been sad, Facebook is not a replacement for this forum. The decline of OSO is harmful to the offshore boating world that we all love so much, and trying to have reasonable conversations about anything serious is almost impossible on Facebook. The two aren't apples to apples, as is usually the comparison. So even though I think the new format is terrible (and not because I don't like new things), I'll still intentionally support the forum with my presence.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,126 Likes on 476 Posts

Well said ^^^^
waiting for the return of "Likes".
Old 06-08-2017, 05:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

There's been no upgrade to THT yet, so maybe OSO is IB's petri dish...
FIX THE GODDAMN HOTLINK BUTTON.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 06-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chris21hope
My two cents....

I own a web development company, and know first hand that the need to update code and fix bugs wouldn't mean that the way the site looks and functions needs to suck. The two issues are totally separate, and it's easy to build a solid, functional interface that looks like it's the year 2017 while still modernizing the code and security on the back end.

But even though the new interface has a worse approval rating than STDs, I'll still support OSO because of what it means to the industry. As has been sad, Facebook is not a replacement for this forum. The decline of OSO is harmful to the offshore boating world that we all love so much, and trying to have reasonable conversations about anything serious is almost impossible on Facebook. The two aren't apples to apples, as is usually the comparison. So even though I think the new format is terrible (and not because I don't like new things), I'll still intentionally support the forum with my presence.
"Like"
Old 06-13-2017, 10:45 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's pretty obvious that the post count is down, I dont care for this "upgrade" at all and I have seen a few. It is not as visually pleasant as the most recent version.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:17 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

It went from average to worse. The pop up ads and blinking ads all over the place have become doubled and annoying. Way more of that going on than before.

I have always said this site puts viruses and bogs down at least my computer. I bought a brand new laptop last year and the first thing I did was go straight to this site only and no where else to see what happens to my brand new computer. sure as chit I have had problems with this computer since the day I bought it. Something attaches itself from this site and bogs the hell down out my computers.

I have system mechanics for virus protection as well. Worthless

Last edited by BUP; 06-13-2017 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:58 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
It went from average to worse. The pop up ads and blinking ads all over the place have become doubled and annoying. Way more of that going on than before.

I have always said this site puts viruses and bogs down at least my computer. I bought a brand new laptop last year and the first thing I did was go straight to this site only and no where else to see what happens to my brand new computer. sure as chit I have had problems with this computer since the day I bought it. Something attaches itself from this site and bogs the hell down out my computers.

I have system mechanics for virus protection as well. Worthless
adblock+ is your friend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.