Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   28' AT, 28' Pantera, 28' Apache, 30' Superboat, 27' Kryptonite, 30' Cig, 27' Activato (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34764-28-28-pantera-28-apache-30-superboat-27-kryptonite-30-cig-27-activato.html)

rtaylor 10-14-2002 04:48 PM

:p

Super30 10-14-2002 05:09 PM

:) Superboat ... mine 91 model tempest light strong fast and very durable.....twin OB could be set up with twin small blocks hull is kevlar balsa core bottom and top deck glued and screwed and glassed.... no stress cracks would buy again!

Also you forgot to mention Phantom 30 ....small very fast very well built single hp500 low 80's

rtaylor 10-14-2002 05:16 PM

Quality
|-------Apache
|---------Pantera
|--------------------Cigarette
|
|------------------------------------------Progression
|------------------------Active Thunder-Phantom
|------------------------------------------Kryptonite
|----------------------------------------Superboat
|-----------------------------------------------Activator
------------------------------------------------------------------------Speed
|
|
|
|

wayne 10-14-2002 05:39 PM

Rtaylor , once again im not trying to start anything buy how can you have a superboat so close in quality to a progression when they arent even close . Just the materials alone puts them on totally different ends of the scale. Progression does NOT use any plywood ,superboat uses all plywood . I must say im at a loss for words !!! HAHAHA

TYPHOON 10-14-2002 06:39 PM

Am I missing something but I dont get the chart?
Randy

rtaylor 10-14-2002 06:43 PM

Wayne,

If you look at the chart a few insertions above you will see that Progression is about half way on the quality scale between Activator and Apache. Superboat is closer to Activator.

Typhoon,

The scale has a vertical plane (quality) and a horizontal plane (speed). The boats' position are a function of both. For instance, Apache is high on the quality scale, but slower on the speed scale. On the other hand, Superboat is high on the speed scale, but lower on overall quality. Progression is somewhere between.

rtaylor 10-14-2002 08:36 PM

typhoon,

you out there?

wayne 10-14-2002 09:22 PM

I dont understand how the chart works.

rtaylor 10-14-2002 10:13 PM

Wayne,

Imagine a graph like we all used in high school with an x-axis and a y-axis. The x-axis (horizontal) is speed. The y-axis (vertical) is quality. The faster the boat is, the farther to the right you go, and the higher the quality of the boat, the farther up you go. This way, a boat that has a little of both would be a Progression, for instance. The Apache would be big on quality but a little low on speed (it's a heavy boat). Wheras, the Activator is a fast boat, with a very bare bones product (it's light).

rtaylor 10-14-2002 10:15 PM

Quality
|-------Apache
|---------Pantera
|--------------------Cigarette
|
|------------------------------------------Progression
|-------------Sonic-----Active Thunder-Phantom
|-------------Baja------------------------Kryptonite
|----------------------------------------Superboat
|-----------------------------------------------Activator
------------------------------------------------------------------------Speed