Notices

Apache Cock fight.

Old 06-15-2017, 08:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave
I think it's a simple case of supply and demand. There's not too many out there and they ain't makin any more.
Yes, they still make them. Just not the 41.

https://apachepowerboats.com/models/...s/42-renegade/

And they make a 24 with an eggbeater now too!

https://apachepowerboats.com/models/...-24-speedster/
Old 06-15-2017, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

How many have they actually made of those two models? The site is pretty light on real world pictures.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:11 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain YARRR
How many have they actually made of those two models? The site is pretty light on real world pictures.
To the best of my knowledge...........NONE
Old 06-16-2017, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is also Saber Marine that I guess has molds of the 41....
41 Banshee
would be interesting to see their 44 center console based off the 41. you'd think given the hot trend in CC's and the love affair with the Apache this would be an easy sell but I don't think I've seen one.
44 Center Console
Old 06-16-2017, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

It Is What It Is...with that being not everyone is an Apache buyer....you want an Apache for a certain reason not just because you want a bigger boat with big engines that you could find on any dealers listing
Old 06-16-2017, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave
I think it's a simple case of supply and demand. There's not too many out there and they ain't makin any more.
Just like the older Ferrari market from 1989 back.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
I've never ridden in one but have no doubt they're an awesome ride, especially in the rough.
That said, I doubt you could convince me that a boat designed and built 30 years ago is a match for any of the newer breed of boats designed this century. If conventional straight bottom deep V and heavy is the best then why don't manufacturers build just that? Don't want this to be another " Timmy V Philly" thread but the bigger consensus on the poll backed the newer boat, yes I know it also had bigger power but the thread wasn't about ultimate speed.

Love the old school style of some of the more classics boats, Apaches aren't the only one's priced up a bit but life is full of choices and personally, I'd choose a newer ride for the same bucks.

To each his own, makes life interesting.

RR
It would be like buying a sweet 69' Camaro Z28...you know a new one does everything better, but its simply not a 69.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Everyone seems to forget the Apache is the only boat capable of handling both LOTO and Lake Erie waters.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Supply and Demand. Fact is, if you don't like the price....don't buy it. Their is an A** for every seat. The thing is, the price is starting point and maybe the owner will negotiate a little bit, but in the past 20 years that I have been watching the Apache market, the nice ones seem to get bought and sold without problems/hesitation so the prices must be in line. The problem for many that do buy these older Apache's is they run into the cost of ownership. Takes a lot to maintain an older Apache. Drives, Transmissions, usually big Blower motors, and the fact is, you are going to drive the thing with Anger because it is what it is. Stuff will break.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Are we talking about "The Chief", blue Mitcher T boat?

If so, the name of this thread is making me think of "No Reservations" given is owner association to the Two Cocks Fight Fountain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.