Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Quick Notes From The Erie Poker Run: Playing Rough And Having Fun >

Quick Notes From The Erie Poker Run: Playing Rough And Having Fun

Notices

Quick Notes From The Erie Poker Run: Playing Rough And Having Fun

Old 06-29-2017, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Good article... And videos. Looks like every time I have ever had to come home from PIB hungover... Gota love Erie
Old 06-30-2017, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by TBAG
Did any 388 Hustlers make it to the first stop?
to answer your question Nate and Dan, YES. but i guess no one cares about the 23 year old bringing his own boat to runs around the country lol got forgotten about in the article, and awards sponsorship lol whatever. We were boat #4 or 5 to lunch. In the main group as everyone. Not sure how we weren't noticed. Here's a pic Pete got of my rig. And here is us, at the lunch we apparently didn't make it to.

Last edited by 315duramax; 06-30-2017 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

No thanks....I've run in some huge Pacific Ocean water...Running in a little big water and airing out the ride is fun. Running in confused, BIG water, is too much like work. F*ck all that.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:49 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,754 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
to answer your question Nate and Dan, YES. but i guess no one cares about the 23 year old bringing his own boat to runs around the country lol got forgotten about in the article, and awards sponsorship lol whatever. We were boat #4 or 5 to lunch. In the main group as everyone. Not sure how we weren't noticed. Here's a pic Pete got of my rig. And here is us, at the lunch we apparently didn't make it to.

Quick Notes From The Erie Poker Run: Playing Rough And Having Fun-1zbh4j4.jpg
Quick Notes From The Erie Poker Run: Playing Rough And Having Fun-30xhe7d.jpg
You're wrong about one thing: I definitely care. It's just hard to be aware of every great potential story. No slight was intended. Give me a call sometime, 650-642-4726.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax

Clearly you were not there and the pictures are photoshopped. Everyone knows a boat with Arnesons cant get on plane when it is rough, or at least we have been told so by some Great Lakes rough water self proclaimed authorities.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Looks like a good time. Reminds me of Boyne last year!
Old 07-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Perhaps the Hustler was overlooked since it was assumed that without TRS drives it couldn't run hard in the rough... Just in case it is not obvious this comment is meant in humor, geesh what does anyone's age matter and how did this turn into a tool measuring contest. For the record I'm an old F&&k and my Velocity would have had an impressive 25knot average speed in that water.

Thanks Matt for the great pics and video! (Not sarcasm for those sarcasm challenged ��)