Notices

Yamaha Raptors?

Old 10-14-2002, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Raptors?

Does anyone own one of theese? How do they handle? also what is a true top speed?
Old 10-14-2002, 12:24 PM
Registered

I don't know what the top speed is, but the Yamaha dealer has a brand new one with a special pipe and carb work and it sounds mean. Whats a fair price walking out the door?
Old 10-14-2002, 12:30 PM
Registered

Dont know on the price but I am wondering too. They are supposed to be one bad a$$ quad. but I wanted to get some opinons before I bought one.
Old 10-14-2002, 12:43 PM
DLG

Thrillseeker,
I’m somewhat new to the sport so don’t take my word as final. But, I know Raptors have a bad rap for being too top heavy and poor handlers. I hear the new hot set-up is the Suzuki Z-400.
Personally, I’m keeping my eyes open for a nice 250R.

DLG

Old 10-14-2002, 12:52 PM
Registered

The Dealer here wants 5499.00 plus tax and his fees total 6149.00 walking out the door. A friend has a banshee and he says his buddys raptor will leave him on top end.
Old 10-14-2002, 01:11 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Okay I'm gonna give ya the straight scoop on the Raptor.....It is unreal fast on top and loads of torque down low......It's a tad heavy for quads......remember a little is a lot in these little guys.......

And it true problem is the handling......LOTS of unhappy people out there......there are pretty dangerous when tryin to lean them into a turn......the flip easy......remember the 3-wheeler problems....different problem but similar results......but on the other hand good riders make up for these things........but tstill this will hurt the Raptors name for sure.......

You do know Yamaha is bringing out a new Banshee.......look for it to be the new highwater mark......
Old 10-14-2002, 01:30 PM
Registered

My friend has a new Z-400 Suzuki. I am trying to compare it with the Raptor and the DS-650 from Bombardier. All of you guys are saying that the Raptor is heavy, the DS-650 weighs about a hundred pounds more w/ the same sized engine.
Old 10-14-2002, 02:48 PM
Registered

Thrillseeker, whats your opinion on the raptor? Have you owned a 4-wheeler before? I was looking at the Raptor because it looks mean and has the bigger engine than the suzuki, but handling would be a concern. I have never owned one before.
Old 10-14-2002, 02:52 PM
Registered

I've ridden my friends new Raptor and I have to say "Buy a banshee!!!!. Their cheaper, faster, handle better, ..... If a banshee is left behind by a Raptor then check the spark plug wires - one is off. I spank Raptors all day long, even the highly modified ones with my 89 Banshee.
Old 10-14-2002, 02:57 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Hey Thrillseeker i got one of the fastest Raptors on Long Island
FMF Ported Polished, FmF Pipe, H-Bomb, Dynojetting K&n airfilter
airbox. I can honestly say I have had 5 diffrent Banshees one had Big bore 540 Ive had them all.
My raptor has been the best quad yet the reverse alone is such a great option handling is unbleveible. I would change front sproket to 12 tooth first thing. eletric start is also great. The only thing that you have to keep an eye on is steering stem nut gets loose if you ride hard after a little time. It is easliy fixed by tighten
it up otherwise its the best money I have ever spent on a quad.

Quick Reply: Yamaha Raptors?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.