Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who Can Recomend GPS/Plotter, Touch- Guage Display? >

Who Can Recomend GPS/Plotter, Touch- Guage Display?

Like Tree1Likes

Who Can Recomend GPS/Plotter, Touch- Guage Display?

Old 07-11-2017, 02:59 PM
Registered

My Boat: 32 Sunsation

The garmin will display smartcraft data with the SmartCraft MercMonitor with Mercury Gateway
https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch...pA36CyoDZIThd7

I can't speak to the Garmins, but the VesselView or Simrad/Lowrance plotters can easily switch between engine data and plotter/radar/FLIR thermal/3D bottom scan/autopilot/etc, or split the screen to display 2 or 3 of any of those.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boat: 308 Skater w/ 300x's

Originally Posted by turbos230 View Post
I was thinking about the garmin 942 it has a 9 inch screen and that is the biggest one I can use for the space that is available.
I just want to know if these newer garmins all have this screen that shows the tachometer speed oil water etc. and then to switch to the gps screen or even if it could show both of these screens at the same time.
They do show all the information from the Smartcraft data and you can set up multiple pages as well with split screens. The only thing they will not nor any other manufacture except Simrad is have the actual Mercury looking Vessel Screen Shot that would like exactly like the Mercury Vessel View.
The Garmin displays allow you to build your own custom gauge panel as well as offer the best Fusion/Czone interface as well.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boat: 2013 28 Skater 300xs's 2001 Fourwinns 26 Vista, 1996 Fourwinns/Donzi19, 1987 American Skier, 1957 Lone Star "Maxine the Water Queen" restoration

Originally Posted by turbos230 View Post
I was thinking about the garmin 942 it has a 9 inch screen and that is the biggest one I can use for the space that is available.
I just want to know if these newer garmins all have this screen that shows the tachometer speed oil water etc. and then to switch to the gps screen or even if it could show both of these screens at the same time.
Yes, It will show all available engine data on the screen when hooked up with NMEA 2000. Download the "Owner's Manual" from the Garmin site and get a first hand accounting of what it will do. It should show just like my Garmin 7610 screen info.
Old 07-12-2017, 01:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Taboma View Post
Yes, It will show all available engine data on the screen when hooked up with NMEA 2000. Download the "Owner's Manual" from the Garmin site and get a first hand accounting of what it will do. It should show just like my Garmin 7610 screen info.

Have any of you noticed when you look at the garmin or merc engine management screen that the values there are different from the livorsi or normal guage readings? I say this because I was reading somewhere that someone was complaining that their guages were wrong (livorsi) and they saw different data on the computerized engine management screen.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:45 PM
Registered

My Boat: 32 Sunsation

Yes, my Livorsi gauges are all quite a bit off from the smartcraft data. It's the same in my truck when I hook up the EFI Live and watch live data vs the analog gagues.

HOWEVER, the thing to realize here, is that the smartcraft data is exactly what the ECU is using to calculate fueling, timing, engine guardian activation, etc. I trust the smartcraft data 100x more than the gauges.
Double Rigged likes this.