Notices

Bayliner or SCX

Old 07-10-2017, 02:24 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Bayliner or SCX

There used to be a joke about getting rid of Bayliners, now I see more and more Imco SCX's for sale, some saying they don't work for their application, some used 1 hour, test time only, what's going on ?
Old 07-11-2017, 06:05 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

SCX lower is a larger profile and not as efficient, stronger for sure. To me it would be worth the trade off for a few MPH.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 603 Likes on 277 Posts

4 years out of mine. Lots of Air time and No issues. Well worth the $$ IMO
But I probably could have bought 2 Bayliners for the $
Old 07-11-2017, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure I get the Bayliner comparison. Imco SCX drives aren't junk. Yes you might lose a couple of miles per hour at the top end but how many times do you find yourself running full out and does the loss of a few miles per hour at top speed matter that much? SCX drives are a great product, strong, well built and can handle more power and torque and rack up more hours between rebuilds than Bravos. Well worth it to me. I think there's been at least 3 of us from here that used them on our Top Guns with out any issues.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 571 Likes on 342 Posts

An SCX is a worth of fleet of bayliners.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 191 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by tim mccray
Not sure I get the Bayliner comparison. Imco SCX drives aren't junk. Yes you might lose a couple of miles per hour at the top end but how many times do you find yourself running full out and does the loss of a few miles per hour at top speed matter that much? SCX drives are a great product, strong, well built and can handle more power and torque and rack up more hours between rebuilds than Bravos. Well worth it to me. I think there's been at least 3 of us from here that used them on our Top Guns with out any issues.
i think he is asking why so many of these are for sale at once if they are the savior to bravo drives?

Op doesn't have a heavy boat, single engine cat but is making a bit more power than the top guns.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Got it, can't answer that one.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:38 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
SCX lower is a larger profile and not as efficient, stronger for sure. To me it would be worth the trade off for a few MPH.
Lost 20 mph and handling compared to the SC,
Old 07-13-2017, 06:03 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GPM
Lost 20 mph and handling compared to the SC,
So you are answering your own question? Or is this a back door attempt to bash IMCO?

You lost 20mph or someone else?...either way I have a real tough time believing that, need to see the slip numbers to know wtf is going on. Also if props or gear ratio changed.

If power isnt too over the top the SCX upper can be used with the SC lower, lowers are a little more expendable than uppers.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
So you are answering your own question? Or is this a back door attempt to bash IMCO?

You lost 20mph or someone else?...either way I have a real tough time believing that, need to see the slip numbers to know wtf is going on. Also if props or gear ratio changed.

If power isnt too over the top the SCX upper can be used with the SC lower, lowers are a little more expendable than uppers.

this^^^

there is no way you lost 20mph from swapping the drives unless you did zero work with props or anything to actually make it work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.