Notices

R/C Boat, A must have!

Old 10-14-2002, 04:37 PM
MIdnightRider

Default R/C Boat, A must have!

If you don't have an R/C boat yet, buy one. I have been working on a 46" Enforcer from warehouse hobbies to never have time to finish it. So last week I bought one finished, ready to run. It is a blast, I have a small lake across from my house, and now every chance I get I'm running across the street to use it. It has also motivated me to finish my other one so I can have races. I'm making allot of new friends in my development also, unfortunately they are all between the ages of 8-14(no vile comments please). My only reget is not buying it ready in the first place, I would have been running it every weekend on my boat, a toy for my toy. This is from the website, my new one is all yellow, and my project is custom painted with flames. Midnight

46"oal , 30cc engine, 75mm prop(direct drive w/clutch), pull start, futaba FM radio www.warehousehobbies.com
Attached Thumbnails R/C Boat, A must have!-enforce1.jpg  

Old 10-14-2002, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Prather and your so right, what a blast.
It looks like an offshore boat running in 30 footers at scale. Jumping back and forth across the wake of the boat is very cool. WHEN you stuff it and have the the right crew, we can recover, pull the plug, drain all water, oil, and have it running again in less than 10 minutes every time. The only problem is you can only sink it 5-6 time a day before the miosture build in the radio controls and it starts shorting. Nothing a night on the mantle dosnt fix.
One strong word of advise, there are more upgrades for these little motors than are for the Merc HP500. Dont do it! Its very tempting when you see all the custom exhausts, carbs, ect. but they are far too finiky to be fun.
Old 10-14-2002, 05:00 PM
Registered

I have the following:
18 wooden dumas short stuff
45" scarab with 30 cc
26" electric gp cat twin motor 12 cell
.40 nitro air boat

i love the look on the "real" scarab owners faces as i shoot up a 8 foot high roostertail from the scarab!
Old 10-14-2002, 05:03 PM
Registered

Heres a picture of the Prather
Attached Thumbnails R/C Boat, A must have!-cruiser.jpg  
Old 10-14-2002, 05:06 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been there , done that,
Yeah , cool! My son had a 42" Fountain but it was electric. Well, not being able to leave any thing alone... it got a higher speed motor and four battery packs (2 in series and 2 in parallel).
Now it even sat in the water like a Fountain. After a little prop swapping it was a real terror. The first minute or two after a charge I could chase some jetskis Only trouble you only got maybe 5 minutes to a charge , and it took another 45 minutes or so to charge all four packs even with two chargers
On the up side , as the batteries ran down you could usually get it back home like any Fountain running on 1 engine
Old 10-14-2002, 05:10 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I have a Enforcer too, Its a Man-o-War. It has the Pro engine does about 40-45 MPH. Had it two years so far runs great. I need to pop for the figurines for diriver and trhottleman. $35.oo each.
Attached Thumbnails R/C Boat, A must have!-e1.jpg  
Old 10-14-2002, 05:11 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

engine layout
Attached Thumbnails R/C Boat, A must have!-e2.jpg  
Old 10-14-2002, 05:13 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

weed wacker view, no tranny here just pull and go.
Attached Thumbnails R/C Boat, A must have!-e3.jpg  
Old 10-14-2002, 05:41 PM
MIdnightRider

Sweet, I'm not the only kid here. My new one looks like the one above. I have not taken any phots yet. Here is the other one I am working on. Midnight
Attached Thumbnails R/C Boat, A must have!-flame1.jpg  

Old 10-14-2002, 05:42 PM
MIdnightRider

Fountain Logo cleared on the bow!
Attached Thumbnails R/C Boat, A must have!-flame2.jpg  

Quick Reply: R/C Boat, A must have!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.