Notices

30 Mph Limit In Nj

Old 10-17-2002, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Radar will pickup a wood or fiberglass F1 race boat with ease. I have done it and have seen done all the time. Those boats are small and not much steel. A offshore boat would be like a Mack Truck to radar. No problem at all.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a loss to all if speeds in the open part of the bay become restricted. I have enjoyed may years of boating in Barnegat Bay and many safe NJPPC events. For the most part it the guys being irresponsible that make the news and not those of us trying to enjoy the bay and participate in safe performance boating. NJPPC has always focused on saftey and its good to know they are considering being involved in this issue.
Old 10-17-2002, 11:07 AM
Registered

Ron:

I respectfully disagree with the course of action you outlined. The reasons cited are not credible enough to deter the passage of a law. This is more likely a trampling on the liberties of a few for the benefit of the many. As such, it will be difficult to justify the need for speed and corresponding engine noise. Thank God the manatee hasn't seen fit to travel to NJ

We may be more successful in examining the process by which the panel was appointed: was the selection process performed according to state laws; does the demographic representation of the panel approximate the demographics of the state, of the resource being used; was the data gathering done in open session or closed work session; what are the credentials of the people supplying the evidence to support this bill ?

I may be all wet here, but I believe we need to approach this in a different manner. I would be happy to volunteer my time in a prep session with the NJPPC attorney. I presume Dave has already identified a handful of credible and eloquent boaters to accompany the attorney. However, the richness of varied experiences can make a big difference during preparation.

Tom
Old 10-17-2002, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LIKE lUKIE SAID.

SPEEDS ON THE PARKWAY ARE INCREASED to 65
with no real change in accident stats. do you see all the dickhead drivers out there? they are the ones causin all the problems.

why dont they just stick to goin after the few ass holes, with no common sense, that dont know how to safely boat. And leave us guys alone.

I believe it was stated earlier in this thread that there have been 0 or minimal accidents on the bay and none have been "X"essive speed related. WAZZZUP with that? Toatal BS, thats what i say.

Hi Ron

Last edited by BRUCE SEROFF; 10-17-2002 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-17-2002, 11:13 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default What about Fisherman

Hey, all this hype about us going too fast. How come no one is pointing out the fact that sitting, or anchoring in the channel is illegal? You don't see people stopping in the middle of the Parkway to have a sandwich do you?

I was comming thru the Barnegat Inlet early this summer, and I had to completely come off plane to dodge all the fisherman that were in the channel. They saw me idleing thru and didn't even move over, I had to zig zag all the way thru. They were even cursing at me cause I was idleing thru. The state police should be kicking them out of there, and giving tickets.

And you have to love all the fisherman sitting in the channel at the tip of sandy hook. Sometimes the swells are comming in, and it makes it hard to see them just sitting there.

How about the ferry? I don't think they are going to slow down the Seatreak going thru the Sandy Hook Bay? Is this thing only for the Barneget Bay?

Last edited by Panther; 10-17-2002 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-17-2002, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, though they sound like good ideas the poor radar and lack of enforcement arguements aren't very sound. You need to focus on the facts that many vessels operating at 30mph or less lose forward visibility.They also create excessive wakes which endanger others and will create more problems than will be solved. If you want support, team up with the fishing guys. They want to get out to the grounds fast and slowing them down would be a real drag. The B.A.S.S. group is what has been keeping the daytime speed restrictions off of LOTO and if it makes sense anywhere it's there. Good luck. We don't want to be obsolete!
Old 10-17-2002, 04:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm no lawyer by any stretch, but this is "Supposedly" about safety, isn't it? If so, then what about the possibility of the law forcing people out into the ocean to go fast, that don't belong there in the first place. I.E. - weather / wave conditions, size of boat, lack of experience, etc.
Also, how do PWC's play into this? I know many of us are not big fans of them but this may be the time to put differences aside. They will be affected too, and there are plenty of them out there on the bay. It might be worthwhile to try and find a representative of that group, like a dealer possibly?
Old 10-17-2002, 10:22 PM
Smittymarine

I look at it this way, Gave up fast cars for fast boats, less speeding tickets. Slow down the boats......hum do you really want me back on the streets? I dont think so. EZ pass doesn't work at 160. WWWWAAAAAAZZZZUPPPPP

Old 10-18-2002, 06:03 AM
Registered

"turtle turtle"
Old 10-18-2002, 08:21 AM
Registered

Well Im from PA and I boat in DE river and I can tell you they dont have the manpower to launch a campaign like this
there are what, about 2-5 police boats in De river that is from Trenton down to De bay
Never happen, They could try but they would need TONS more people and more boats and more resources.
That is just in the river let alone on the other side of Jersey on the coast line.

If somehow they harness your already over taxed poor guys over there, then Maybe I can pick up a boat real cheap???
LOL
Then move down south.

Honestly though off the kick of buying a newer outerlimits for 75 bucks and get real, They will try this cause it sounds good for the community as a whole but the plain simple fact is that they cant
really stop you, but they can put up more no wake zones and stuff around in the bat and inlets.

My thoughts
Good try but wont happen
Jason

Quick Reply: 30 Mph Limit In Nj

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.