Outboard Motor dockline 'guide'/chock

Notices

Outboard Motor dockline 'guide'/chock

Old 08-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Outboard Motor dockline 'guide'/chock

There is a product out there with a giant suction cup, that affixes to the top of your outboard motor cowling; and you run your docklines through, so they don't end up between your motors or chaffing the sides of them. It has a big flattened "S" hook on top of it. I've seen in before in person, but not sure where to purchase. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
*Asking for a friend.
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

This?

Dockside Accessories: Portable Locking Transom Cross Tie Cleat 15° @ tacomarine.com
Old 08-02-2017, 08:36 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Nope, not it, but thank you. It reminds me of a floor tile puller (used in big computer data centers); looks like this, a bit.

Name:  floor-tile-lifter.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  6.0 KB
Name:  doublecupvideo.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  31.0 KB
Old 08-02-2017, 09:45 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this?

Caribbean's Leading Chandlery - Budget Marine
Old 08-02-2017, 11:44 PM
Registered

Line Tender ? Outboard Motors Cross Tie
Old 08-03-2017, 08:44 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mosport1
Outboard Motor dockline 'guide'/chock-line_tender_web_2-600x600.jpg

YES!!! That's it. They really need to invest in some SEO because I searched and searched on every term I could come up with, and could not find that.
Thank you!
Old 08-03-2017, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to make sure there's a hyphen between the words line-tender.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:41 AM
Registered

Not sure about your outboard covers but I wouldn't want that much stress put on mine. The covers aren't designed to have that kind of potential load, why not just figure out a way to tie up that doesn't interfere? The poles that go into the rod holders maybe for short stays in a protected area since the rod holders are normally beefy and the poles look stout but even those I wouldn't trust long term. There's a lot of ways to secure a boat to a pier why risk stressing components that weren't designed for it in order to tie up a particular way.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:50 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mlb75
Not sure about your outboard covers but I wouldn't want that much stress put on mine. The covers aren't designed to have that kind of potential load, why not just figure out a way to tie up that doesn't interfere? The poles that go into the rod holders maybe for short stays in a protected area since the rod holders are normally beefy and the poles look stout but even those I wouldn't trust long term. There's a lot of ways to secure a boat to a pier why risk stressing components that weren't designed for it in order to tie up a particular way.
I totally agree with you. The only way I could see this being something I would use would be in protected waters where one would be cross tying the back end between pilings or a dock in a big/wide slip with enough slack to allow for tide swings. The guy who asked me to find this saw it in the Ft. Lauderdale boat show, in use.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mlb75
Mercury has tested and approved the Line-Tender. In fact they have used them at floating docks during the Miami Boat show. Unless the water is really rough there is little to no stress on the on the suction cup or cowling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.