Notices

Liquid Glass 28 Cat

Old 08-28-2017, 12:02 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Liquid Glass 28 Cat

What is the story with these boats, I already know the hull is either a 28 Profile or based on it. Have seen a couple for sale and was hoping to get some input. They don't show up in any listings like NADA, etc. to determine value, etc.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:48 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

The Profile 28 molds were sold years ago to NRG boats back in the recession, they tried starting up in LOTO. The molds were spotted in boat racks at a marina down there a few months back...not sure if they ever built any. I believe the red boat you are looking at was Randys (previous owner of profile) personal boat, he attempted to start Liquid Glass and build a few 41s. He rebadged the red hull as new Liquid Glass even though it had been sitting around for years.
Old 09-09-2017, 02:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JRider
The Profile 28 molds were sold years ago to NRG boats back in the recession, they tried starting up in LOTO. The molds were spotted in boat racks at a marina down there a few months back...not sure if they ever built any. I believe the red boat you are looking at was Randys (previous owner of profile) personal boat, he attempted to start Liquid Glass and build a few 41s. He rebadged the red hull as new Liquid Glass even though it had been sitting around for years.
So comes the question to buy or not to by. Does anyone know of any issues besides trying to value it, etc.?
Old 09-10-2017, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

I'd buy the boat. Looks like a nice package. I've heard the Profile 28 is a nice riding boat.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I do not like the fact that the had balsa transoms, I had one, they are very fast and handle very well for a 28' single engine cat. That will have no problem going over 95 and would not count out breaking the century mark with it. The motor has a lot of value.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:30 PM
Registered

It is claimed to run 105 to 110 proper with a 34 prop and a 1.5 drive if it can spin it that would be pretty correct. What would you look for in regards to anything with the hull. This would only be an inland water boat.